Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Being a spy..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being a spy..
muisy
Activist
Member # 31745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I know what I did wasn't exactly the best thing to do, but my boyfriend talks to these girls online who he swears he just friends with (they work at the same place) but he's told me their attractive but that's it. I knew that he was seriously flirting with them online, like saying "i wish you were here" and "i can't wait to work with you again, i love when we're together" which idunno..i feel a bf shouldn't do that. I've asked him if he talks to them like that and he told me know, but of course I didn't believe him.. when he wasn't around I looked through his conversation logs and there was proof of everything I had been assuming he was doing. He obviously lied, but the thing is I can't say "i looked in your conversations" and he knows that I don't like him talking to them.. There's no stopping him from talking to them, I know he won't do that but I know we'll break up if I tell him I looked through his stuff. any advice about anything??
Posts: 40 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, sounds like it's time to have a sit-down discussion where EVERYBODY involved comes clean. Sneaking around and spying and hiding things is not a healthy thing to have in a relationship. It's not good for either one of you. I know that you're worried that if you tell him you've been snooping, you'll break up...but really, can you continue to have a relationship with someone that YOU don't trust and who is doing things that you don't feel are within the bounds of your relationship? That certainly doesn't seem like a good deal either. Also, if you're feeling bad about this, remember that you're not the only one "in the wrong" here. If your partner has been flirting with other people and lying to you about it, then that's not terribly honest here either. So it's time to talk about what is and isn't ok for BOTH of you within this relationship.

Be honest and deal with whatever it is that happens.

[ 05-29-2007, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.