Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Ex-GF trying to get in the picture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ex-GF trying to get in the picture
xx save me
Neophyte
Member # 30647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xx save me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay,same boy,Patrik.
Yeah his ex girlfriend is all of a sudden trying to get him back,
which is a pretty stupid idea on her behalf considering that he doesn't like her one bit,and thinks she is a conceited,selfish bxtch.
Not even kidding.

Well I like him,a lot more than I believe she says she likes him,and he hates her and likes me...

Does anybody think there's gonna be a chance between them again?
I need some help,again.

Thankyou soooosooosoooooo much!!

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please, PLEASE don't call women bitches here, okay? This isn't a place for people to slag on other people: it's not conducive to the kind of community we're got and like to cultivate.

We're not psychic, honey, and we don't even know these people, so we've really just got no way of predicting if the guy you like is going to go out with his ex again. And probably, you can't, either.

But what I can say is that pitting yourself in a competition with other people for partners pretty much never results in behing happy or in healthy relationships, so you're most likely best exempting yourself from that kind of drama or headspace.

Rather than getting yourself all tied up in hating on this girl, I'd suggest you just let it be. If you and he are pursuing a relationship, then you puruse that, and trust him to work out whatever he needs to with her, whether that be asking her to leave him be, what have you. His relationship with his ex is his thing to deal with, not yours.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xx save me
Neophyte
Member # 30647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xx save me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Sorry about the cursing.)

And yeah,you're 110% correct.
Thanks

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not about the cursing (at home, I confess to often talking like a sailor, so). Just for future reference, it's about the dissing, so that's the thing to avoid.

It's one thing to critique someone's actions constructively (or even just to vent about them), but it's another to name-call or enforce gender stereotyping and the lot.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xx save me
Neophyte
Member # 30647

totally understandable
i just stepped out of line
i do that when i get really really mad or pissed off

sorry about that though

Heather
Member # 3

Not a problem.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

muisy
Activist
Member # 31745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that this helps you at all, but the answer to whether they get back together is either they do or they don't. Sometimes people say things they don't mean to try to avoid getting hurt or like "it's not real if i don't say it" type of thing. I agree though, it's not exactly your place to get involved in with their business, but if you like him, maybe you could chose to tell him?
Posts: 40 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.