Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » me and my male friend obviously like each other but he has a gf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: me and my male friend obviously like each other but he has a gf
ashcisme
Neophyte
Member # 33938

Icon 8 posted      Profile for ashcisme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one of my good male friends is constantly flirting with me and he obviously likes me. i like him to but he has a gf. i dont no y he wont dump her. shes not very nice and is realy boring (and not being superficial but shes not that pretty either).
i think i make it pretty clear i like him
what should i do? [Confused]

Posts: 1 | From: australia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of why he won't break up w/ her or who he's flirting w/ or whether she's a big meanie, you need to back off until he breaks up w/ her, on his own time. It's NEVER a good idea to break a couple up for your own purposes ...
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why exactly does her being "boring" mean he should break up with her? He seems to see something in her that he likes. And saying that she's not that pretty either, are you saying that because it's true or because you wish it was true? Either way, that doesn't mean he should break up with her. If guys dumped girls just because they weren't "that pretty" then very few women would be in relationships, especially given our society's standard of beauty.
BlueSmurf is right. It's unfair to make advances on him knowing he has a girlfriend. How would you feel if you were the girlfriend and some girl was making advances on your boyfriend? I understand that you like him a lot, but you just have to let things run their course. If you did break them up and he found out, he'd probably be pretty mad at you. Plus, you'd probably feel pretty bad about yourself for breaking them up.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master_Of_Puppets
Activist
Member # 29525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Master_Of_Puppets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know that this boy "obviously" likes you? Be very careful when you assume, he does still have a girlfriend after all.
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl2285
Neophyte
Member # 33572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl2285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I've had the same problem before also. He acted like he liked me and was always flirting, but he still had a girlfriend. A little bit of advice, don't try breaking him and his girlfriend up because if he does actually care about her and you are the reason they broke up, he isn't going to go out with you and will probably be mad at you. Let it work out on it's own and if he really likes you as much as you believe he'll tell you.

--------------------
.:~!str8 up pimped babigurl!~:.

Posts: 27 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.