Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Wat Does She Want

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wat Does She Want
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my mate text me earlia saying the way iv been 'going on' in the past year is appaling. shes supposed to be my best mate. and she told me i needed to fix up. i told her im trying but she called me a slag and a hoe and calling me dirty and that i need respect for myself which i do have.
the basic situation is i have a boyf/ex in prison. but iv been seeing boys since hes been in there even though iv been waiting for him. i know its wrong but sometimes i just cant help it. yes iv slept with other boys about 2.
ive tryed to stop and change and iv told her that but she wont believe me. she started up some long argument about it and i dont know what she wants me to say. iv asked her but she goes off on something else. i am trying to change i want to change, so its not like im just saying it to keep her happy. but she still doesnt understand. she tells me i never learn from my mistake but i do. thats why i want to change.
this girl is supposed to be my best mate and she says shes looking out for me. i accept that and what she says i take into account of course.
but i just dont know what she wants me to say?!
any body help me on this situation. please.

[ 05-19-2007, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: His_Lil_Angel ]

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I'm not sure that anyone who calls you a slag and a ho is your friend or has your best interests at heart. Saying such hurtful things to someone is not the best way to show that one cares.

Secondly, you should decide whether you want the person in prison to be your boyfriend or your ex, and act accordingly. If you had an agreement of being monogamous, you really can't be off seeing other people when you're supposed to be waiting for him, it's just not fair to either of you. If you want the relationship with him, it'd be a good idea to tell him that you've seen other people but want things to work out.

However, if you've come to realize that you don't want to be waiting for him while he's in prison, or that you simply don't want a relationship anymore, that's fine too. You should tell him what you feel regardless of whether you want to continue the romantic relationship or not.

Third, while your friend may be worried about you, your romantic relationships with others isn't really any of her business. Perhaps she's looking out for you and is worried that you're not treating yourself with as much respect as you should be, but her being condescending and calling you names isn't showing much respect for you either.

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.