Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » This is so ridiculous!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is so ridiculous!!!
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so it goes like this....I stay in an apartment and me and a few of my flat mates go foryoga classes together and we also practise together and this has been for the last 2 months. I get along pretty well with them and we are comfortable doing yoga together

sometime last week it seems my mother and another flat mate with whom I go for yoga with had a small misunderstanding which turned into a verbal feud later on...I am not aware of the details but then I guess it must have been pretty bad because my mom came and asked me not to go for yoga with her and do it myself and passed a judgement that she isn't a good woman....

I am getting irritated because firstly it's not right to pass judgements based on a single instance and secondly she has had a feud with her so why should she spoil my relationship with the woman? Why bring me into the picture? I am no way connected to the feud and even after this verbal duel that woman was as normal with me as she used to be before it...there were no frowns no arrogant faces et all....

Am I right here? I have been trying to tell my mom this but she sees no rason and I have been wondering lately if what I reason out is right....

Please help me

--------------------
archer

Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm inclined to agree with you. Unless your mother has valid concerns for your safety when you're with this person, you don't need to let her argument change your relationship.

I'm sorry your mom is putting you in the middle like this but I'm not sure what you can do if talking to her hasn't worked. [Frown] Perhaps you can agree to disagree?

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In fact I still continue to go to her house for yoga and though my mother frowns at me now and then when I leave so far she hasn't really created a ruckus!

--------------------
archer

Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.