Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » New guy on the horizon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New guy on the horizon
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
So, like, there's this guy from school that I known for a little while (well since the beginning of the school year, so since september), we were friends, and he asked me today if I wanted to start becoming a little more than friends and go out with him.

I really like him and would totally love to be more than just ''friends'' with him.

But I just find it a little weird that we've been friends for about a year now and he has just developped more intense feelings towards me NOW, that it just took so long for him to developp feelings toward me.

I don't know if he is really serious. I know he broke up with his last girlfriend few weeks ago because it didn't work out so I'm wondering if he is just looking for another relationship to replace this one desperatly or if he really likes me ?

Any ideas/thoughts on that ?

(I'm far from a pro when it comes to relationships so any help would be appreciated [Smile] )

[ 04-27-2007, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that's exactly what happened with me with my most recent exboyfriend. We knew each other for almost a year before he developed feelings for me (I'd had a crush on him for almost the whole year though... [Razz] ) and it turned out great. Often, if they work out, the best relationships can be ones that are built on strong friendships - you already know each other and are comfortable with each other.

That said, if you are concerned about whether he's serious... ask him! If he likes and respects you, he should give you an honest answer, and you can decide from there what you want to do about it.

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I asked him if he was serious yesterday and he told something like : ''Yeah. totally. Is this something cool with you ?''

So he seems serious. I guess it's just me who didn't want to believe it cause it sorta like came so suddenly and was so inexpected. Maybe he had feelings all along and just didn't show them to me or maybe he just developped those lately. Don't know but I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.

So we'll see where that goes. I totally want to go out with him : he's a really nice guy and I'm able to say that this soon since we were friends for a year. [Smile]

Thanks LucysDiamond !

[ 04-28-2007, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.