Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » So there's this guy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So there's this guy...
Ciara
Neophyte
Member # 33032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ciara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fist, let me say THANK YOU HEATHER for this fantastical website.

So I met this guy over a year ago, and for a while we kind of casually dated even though I wanted more. He didn't however want a relationship because he was moving about 4 hours away to go to college. So I respected that, and watched those girls down there break his heart time and again.

The first time we met, I was giving a friend a kiss goodbye, not a full on throaty kiss, just a peck on the lips, and he jokingly asked "where's mine, I want a goodbye kiss too yah know" So I kissed him, full on no holding back. I'm pretty bold. But hey, it worked for a while. Since about that moment I think I've been in love with him. I didn't realize it until just now.

I'm tired of seeing those girls just throw him aside, when I want him so bad. So one night when I was missing him terribly I called him, he was drunk (he never drank before this one really bad breakup) and I told him I loved him, he said he loved me too and wanted more than anything to be with me. Next day, doesn't remember. So I wrote an email to him, about everything I had been feeling. We talked everyday before that, and now he just won't say anything. I told him we need to talk about it, and he always says not now. I just don't know what to do. I mean, sure it would have to be long distanced, but he's here about every other weekend not to mention breaks and holidays, I think we could make it work. Do any of you have any advice?

Thanks so much...

--------------------
Loving Life, Riding the road. Mitakuye Oyasin!

Posts: 15 | From: Rome Ga | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you're welcome!

With a scenario like this, what I'd suggest is talking about making a date to go spend a day together and see how you both feel, in person.

BUT: it doesn't sound like that may be something he's actually interested in pursuing. If he doesn't want to talk about seeing each other as an option, then it's not sound for you to be thinking about ways to make it work. After all, distance aside, any relationship can only work if both parties are interested in having a relationship.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.