Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » friendship...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: friendship...?
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So... My best friend is one of those best friends that you wonder why you're best friends with sometimes because of things she does and the way she treats other people... she is coming into town the 24th. And another friend whom I just became friends with this past year and a half (it's one of those still building into a friendship-friendships AND I once had a super crush on her, but not anymore) I want to see a movie with when I am back home for spring break... but she comes in to Denver from Montana the 24th which is the day I'm leaving with my best friend to go back to Arizona with [Frown] And this other friend and I have been talking through facebook but, we want to talk like, face to face not facebook to facebook. Grrr... I don't even know.
Have you ever met one of those people where you just know you're gonna be good friends with them?? yeah, this is how it is with my friend and I want it to happen but, arrrg! And she's so much more mature and we have much more in common and I really want to get to know her and... ugh. I don't even know.

Any advice or anything???? Once again, I'm sorry for the irrelevant topic.

--------------------
~Becca

"You could spend your whole life preserving it, but never really doing anything with it."

Posts: 31 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If im reading this correctly,
You want to meet one of your friends that is an online friend right?

I cant lie I've done this a zillion times before but just when ever you meet this one friend make sure you meet in a very public place just cause you never know whos out there.
As for knowing your going to be good friends, Yeah for sure thats happened to me. My best friend Ash I met thru this online game about five years ago. We've been best friends since then like talk everyday best friends. It can happen for sure.

Good luck Becca.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You gotta go in with caution, too.

I know there are plenty of users and volunteers on the boards who've met many friends/romantic partners through the internet where it HASN'T gone well.

You need to be prepared for the possibility that the person you meet is entirely different from how they portray themselves on the Internet, as well as for what can be the really crushing realization that you guys just aren't compatible.

Somebody who comes off as strong and confident on the Internet may actually be very meek and shy in real life. You may love somebody to shambles for their brains, but their body odor is unbearable.

So, just as long as you go into it with these possibilities in mind, that's the best mental preparation you can have.

Otherwise, you know the physical rules. Crowded, public place, bring a cell phone, tell a friend or family member where you're going and when you'll be back. For extra safety, you can have the person call 30 minutes to an hour into your meeting and set up a "safe phrase" that indicates either that everything's fine or you need outta there pronto.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol sorry I mistyped it. She's not an online friend, we used to go to school together. We started hanging out the end of our senior year and then college came around and we've been keeping in touch through facebook.

--------------------
~Becca

"You could spend your whole life preserving it, but never really doing anything with it."

Posts: 31 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bad, then. But I am a little confused by your post.

My best friend is one of those best friends that you wonder why you're best friends with sometimes because of things she does and the way she treats other people...

Would you like to elaborate a bit more there? I'm not seeing much about what your best friend's doing, unless I'm missing something. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I stand up for her, it's because I'm doing it out of the duty as the best friend, not because I believe she deserves to be stood up for.
She's bratty. immature. things have to go her way most of the time. and kinda blind when it comes to some of her friends.
But she does have her good moments. She can be a good friend. But I don't know if I can spend a full week with her. And... but it's too late. She already got her plan tickets.
It's just Alison, the other friend, is so much more chill and laid back and we have much more in common so far and I want to get to know her more.
(just a reminder, alison and I went to high school together and we started hanging out our senior year [we are now first year freshman in college] and we've hung out like, 4 times but kept in touch through facebook and wanna hang out again)

--------------------
~Becca

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.