Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » So I like this guy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I like this guy...
Bunni13
Activist
Member # 16296

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Bunni13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His name is Michael. He's completely amazing. Well, actually I don't know if he is amazing or just that fact that he's really cute. I'm sort of confused about it. I mean I'm not confused but... *sigh*. As you have seen in my last 5 sentences, I'm stuck [Razz] It doesn't bother me very much, just a little. I've always thought he was cute, in 8th grade... then in 9th I had a boyfriend the whole year... so I didn't really pay attention. Now that I'm in 10th... and he sits right behind me in Bio... I've noticed that I have a strong sexual attraction to him. He is somewhat egotistical... but it's a good thing for him because he is a little on the insecure side as well (still with me here?).

Anyways, you see since school started Michael, myself and two other girls sit in the back corner of the room *Michael in the corner, me in front, Kaci P. next to him, and Casey C. next to me. We're all good friends (except for me and Kaci, we're OK... just OK, we act like we are but secretly I think she is.... promiscuous.) Well Kaci likes him like I do. She knows this and I think she secretly likes to flirt with him just to make me mad. They have made out once and he told one of his guy friends that he likes her but he he doesnt... so confusing. He told me that he wanted to have sex... we havn't... but I am sort of looking forward to it (which I think might be bad, I'm not sure) I'm pretty dang sure he knows that I like him. I know he knows Kaci does. He has this girl that he really likes... Cameron. She's very pretty... and I'd rather him be with her than Kaci (who goes after 8 guys at a time). Michael has always been known as a "player" but when he actually has a girlfriend... he's faithful (does that make sense?) I'm not sure what sort of an answer I'm looking for here... but listen to this:

Three days ago, I saw Kaci rubbing the inside of Mikey's leg. Her and Cameron don't really get along that well (even before Mikey was in the picture) but Kaci sort of wrote a "peace treaty" note to Cameron a little while back. I find myself wanted to rat out Kaci to Cameron just to watch her (Kaci) get her oh-I-think-I'm-better-and-prettier-than-anyone-and-everyone-else hiney kicked in the dirt. Is this jealousy... or trying to help out Cameron? Gosh... I probably sound like a lunatic... I don't know... Anything any answer would be appreciated...(you could even give an answer that's competely off subject [Smile] )

Thanks

--------------------
Fact: Many teens in the US have pregnancy as their main worry- which is only one risk to worry about when you're sexually active. If you are sexually active, it's healthy to have STI tests. Please, get tested.

Posts: 65 | From: Missouri, US | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 30201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I think you sound like you're being unfair to Kaci here. Pretending to be someone's friend when you don't really feel that way is sort of deceitful on your part -she may trust you. Also this boy Michael: I realize how hard it is to have a crush on someone when you're not sure if they like you back and when there's competition. However, he gets to choose who he likes and who he does things with. There's really no reason for you to be trying to start a fight between Kaci and Cameron.

I think it does sound like jealousy. However, I think if you like Michael a much healthier solution than trying to manipulate these other two girls' situation, would be to try and get to know Michael better yourself. Try to be friends, or maybe ask him out, and see where it goes. Regardless of whether you like it, every person has the right to handle their own relationships with just the people directly involved. (and really, regardless of your personal feelings (jealousy), there's really nothing wrong with liking 8 boys at once. Sounds to me like this Michael likes a few girls at once. These things just happen, and aren't something most people can control)

Posts: 443 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 30201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I forgot about the part where he told you he wants to have sex.

How well do you really know Michael, anyway? Usually when you're in High School people get to know each other better before they get to that stage. Have you had sex with a boy before? (You don't need to answer to us) Unless you know that he really respects you, it could be a negative experience. I'm guessing from your signature quote that you're fairly well-educated, but have you read a lot of the articles on this site like the Readiness Checklist? (http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/readiness.html)

Posts: 443 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.