Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Friendship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friendship
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody had such a close friendship to another girl that you start to see/feel like one person???

Has anybody had that super close friend where you both know that with they way you interact with eachother it could be mistaken for dating???

Like, we talk EVERYDAY some of "our songs" are like, relationship songs.

Valentines day is kinda "our holiday" we would always get eachother a stuffed animal that sings 'Sugar Pie Honey Bunch'

She's a friend that when I'm with her, I laugh so hard my stomach hurts; I can tell her anything; I can count on her to always be there.....

Has anybody had this sort of friendship with a close friend? Or is there something more??

Any feedback plz.

--------------------
~Becca

"You could spend your whole life preserving it, but never really doing anything with it."

Posts: 31 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Sounds like a great friendship. [Smile]

Just because you're close with someone does not automatically make it romantic.

Why do ask?

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I've never had this sort of friendship before... Kinda scares me sometimes, but in a good way. I miss her so much.

--------------------
~Becca

"You could spend your whole life preserving it, but never really doing anything with it."

Posts: 31 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninster8
Neophyte
Member # 32413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninster8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a friendship like that too. i get scared also because sometimes i think that if we fight or son't talk for a day that something is really wrong. it's like being in a relationship but even scarier really because losing a friend would be so much harder than losing a boyfriend.

--------------------
www.popteenus.com

Posts: 10 | From: vermont | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NILM
Neophyte
Member # 32542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NILM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i kno exactly wat your talking about
thats how me and my "boyfriend" first started
there is something more

--------------------
questions?

Posts: 20 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think alot of people have had this type of friendship. My best friend that I've known since I was in 8th grade have that type of thing. We talk about everything, and in a way we flirt with each other. Its a casual thing, She knows im gay, shes straight and has a boyfriend but were like sisters. Actually we have an on going joke that if were both 40 and not married we will get married too each other cause we have way too much in common and we already talk about everything.

Its just a friendship dont worry about it, Its natural for you to feel interested in one of your close friends because you DO have alot in common and can talk about anything. But the thing is you know there just your best bud and they would never work out as anything more.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninster8
Neophyte
Member # 32413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninster8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not worried it's gay...it's a different feeling than being in love with some one. hard to explain i guess.

--------------------
www.popteenus.com

Posts: 10 | From: vermont | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellaitaliana69
Activist
Member # 29887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaitaliana69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best friend and I are totaly like that. We finish eachother's sentances and everything. We also make jokes about "wanting to have eachother's babies". It's great to have friends like that. [Smile]

--------------------
"Only fear the things which have the power to harm" --Dante Aligheri, "Inferno" canto 2

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

Posts: 136 | From: Roma, Italy | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had that friendship for almost 11 years until her boyfriend came along and she was suddenly too mature to have a best friend. I miss it alot.
Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.