Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Feeling over protective ove myself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling over protective ove myself
Dannie
Activist
Member # 30060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was recently releashed from a long term relationship(he broke up with me), well i guess that was about a month or two ago, and i've become attached to another boy, a good friend of mine. We've been 'talking' as my friends call it and he understands that I'm not ready for a relationship yet because of the bad terms my ex and i left on. He respects my views and hasn't pressured me into anything. In fact, we were out the other night, and when he went to say good night he asked to kiss me on the cheek. Butterflys instantly filled me, and i couldn't believe how sweet he was being about all of my new found cautions. I declined, feeling to emotionally out of wack to begin a physical relationship, and later upon thinking back to the moment, realized i turned him away because i want every thing to be perfect with my next relationship, even though i know its impossible. I'm just wondering if i'm being unreasonable with myself because i've gone from being sexually active to refusing a simple kiss on the cheek.
Posts: 47 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hohum
Activist
Member # 29073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hohum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there's anything wrong with protecting yourself as you are. You're not completely protecting yourself -- it sounds like you're still going out and having fun with this guy. There's never any problem with taking things slowly, or at a pace that you're comfortable with.

Though, have you sat and thought about if you're just rebounding off of this guy or not? Sometimes that happens when you get out of relationships, especially long ones.

Posts: 79 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think she on the rebound, if she were she wouldn't of turned down that guy. Unfortunately, for awhile after my break up, i was rebounding, or trying to at least. i was always being really friendly to any guy that said hi.

And as for you being "over protective" i dont think thats happening...

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannie
Activist
Member # 30060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't feel like jay is a rebound, I think i really am feeling for him, and not for my own needs right now, but in the back of my mind i'm scared he might be, and i'm trying to avoid breakign his heart if it turns into nothing
Posts: 47 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dannie:
... i'm scared he might be,

Might... like you? thats a safe bet in my book, but i dont think you should be concerned. If /your/ not ready for another bf right now, then dont let yourself have one until you are ready. break ups are hard, and you deserve time to get over it.

And if your scared of it turning into nothing, then again just wait. Time is wonderful thing in situations like this.

[Smile]

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.