Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Tough situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tough situation
DK
Neophyte
Member # 28662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I work at my family's restaurant (cook). My older brother (24, married for a year and a half with the girl he's been dating for most of the past 10 years with their first child about 5 months old now, they're perfect together) owns it and is partners with my father. I like a girl who works for us (waitress) and we are pretty flirtatious sometimes, and I think there's a good connection between us, and she recently became single. So I want to ask this girl out, but my brother can tell I like her, and has basically told me that he really doesn't like her as a girl for me (she smokes weed, does shrooms and LSD, but I don't, anymore). I respect his opinion a lot, he is truly my best friend (and I have a few close friends, and another brother, but he and I are extremely close), and can understand where he's coming from because the work relationship might be strange if it didn't work out, along with the fact that when he and his current wife broke up (about six months) he went out with a girl that worked for us, and I think that might be part of his rationale. Should I go with my feelings and see what happens with this girl, or should I back off of the situation?
Posts: 11 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kathryn888
Neophyte
Member # 30556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathryn888     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you start a relationship with this girl, will your brother be really mad? He has valid reasons for not wanting you 2 to get involved. (Possible disruptions at work, drug use.) I think he's just looking out for his little bro. Only you can decide if getting closer to her is worth the risk to your work and family life...and hey maybe it is, what do I know? haha [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 23 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.