Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Need help yet again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help yet again
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so yea. I'm getting my divorce, and the guy that I'm seeing (not really seeing but talking to a lot) wants to get a place with me after this whole beef is taken care of. I want to be with this guy, I want to make things develop with him, but want to wait for this divorce to be final. I talked to Max and he comes home from Iraq on Sunday 9/30. He has been telling me that he wantsme and only me, is willing to work out our problems and PROMISES me that he will never ever hit me or treat me the way he did ever again. I believe him sometimes, but i guess I'll believe it when I see it right? I'm still torn bewteen the 2, I'm getting the divorce for my benefit and health not anyone elses. But I really wanna try things out with this other guy. What should I do? Should I give this a shot after my divorce is final? he said the he will wait for me and he will be there for me whenever I need him but i guess I just don't know what to do... help!

--------------------
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is mystery
Today is a gift

*^_AsHLeY_^*

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I advise you take at least six months or so for yourself first.

Really, Ashley, with everything that's happened and being in the process of divorce, you haven't yet even had the chance to really spend time, by yourself, process everything, think about what you want and need (not just in a relationship -- for yourself). Likely, you haven't had any abuse counseling, either.

Whether or not this guy is the greatest thing ever, you still need that time: for perspective, for some solace, for some space to make sense of everything in and to find out who YOU are separate from ANY guy.

Don't rush in to a bigger commitment, and into someone else's house again. Tell this guy that you'll revisit the living-together idea again in the spring.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.