Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » friendship..but still admiring

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: friendship..but still admiring
christina9
Activist
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any ideas on how to forget someone you like(a friend) when you know that friendship is the only thing that can happen between you 2?I opened up to my friend and it didnt change ANYTHING about our relationship which im happy about,we talked about everything.We still go out,laugh,have fun, unfortunatly sometimes when we're really having fun, I just tell myself"why does he have to be so attractive, fun and intelligent!" he's gay which im okay with but it just hurts a little bit more when you know that you just have NO CHANCE with that person,you know what I mean?
Posts: 111 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christina9
Activist
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any advice?plz, what do you do to try to forget a crush
Posts: 111 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what i do is try to think of every thing BAD about the guy. That doesn't make it go away completely, but it helps. other than that all i can say is time does weird things to the mind...

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, time is going to be the best thing for you. I know it sucks now, but you'll just have to go through one day at a time.

In the mean time, make yourself a list of what you find attractive in this person. You'll find someone with those same qualities. [Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.