Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Italian Stallion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Italian Stallion
bellaitaliana69
Activist
Member # 29887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaitaliana69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days ago, I got back from a summer camp that I work at in the States (I live in Rome). I met this other counselor there who was also from Rome. He is the hottest, and most gorgeous man I have seen in my entire life. I nicked-named him the 'Italian Stallion". Until the last week I was too nervous to really have a conversation with him, which is very unusual for me because I'm generally a big flirt. When I finally got to know him, I liked him even more. Everything about him just seems to exude pure sex appeal. The problem is, he's moving to New York at the end of the Summer to go to school there, so it's highly unlikely that I'll see him again. Now that I'm back home I just can't stop thinking about him, and it's driving me insane. Is there anything I can do to get my mind off him?

--------------------
"Only fear the things which have the power to harm" --Dante Aligheri, "Inferno" canto 2

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

Posts: 136 | From: Roma, Italy | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for biblacknproud87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmm I love Italian men...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I just got back from a study abroad program in Italy..mmmm Italians...*just read* He's coming here???? to new york??? *daydreams*

*back on topic*

Well, you can find someone else to dote on, or find some other activities to get your mind off of him...OR, and this is why I usually do, let the crush/whatever you like to call it take its course. It will wear off eventually.

Hope that helps... [Smile]

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me
Before I need anyone else

Posts: 35 | From: New York...New Brunswick, New Jersey when I'm in school | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just a reminder to you all: this site really isn't big on lookism of any sort. I'm hoping that by "sex appeal" you don't mean appearance alone; there are far more things about a person that can make them sexy and desireable. Also, please avoid generalizations about any group of people. Thanks!)

biblackandproud had some good suggestions for getting him off your mind. Additionally, try reasoning with yourself. You've only had actual conversations with him for a week, which is a little soon to make anything of it.

You could choose to keep in contact with him; moving away to school doesn't mean nothing will ever come of it, right?

[ 08-22-2006, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for biblacknproud87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, please avoid generalizations about any group of people.
Was she generalizing? I don't see it...*confused*

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me

Posts: 35 | From: New York...New Brunswick, New Jersey when I'm in school | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love Italian men...
quote:
I just got back from a study abroad program in Italy..mmmm Italians...
Actually, these quotes of yours were generalizations. While it may have been well-meant on your part, it can't apply to everyone of that culture. While not outright offensive, it still propangates stereotypes. [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

how are those stereotypes??? I like Italian men...that's what I like...it's not all I like, but I happen to like them...I don't understand how you have come to that conclusion at all. I love Italian men as in I get crushes on them a lot...The same way someone can like redheads...

[ 08-23-2006, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: biblacknproud87 ]

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Well, that makes a little more sense. Thanks for clarifying. [Smile]

What I meant was to avoid general statements, even "positive" ones, about any group of people. For example, "Redheads are full of attitude." or "Asian people are smart." aren't outright offensive, but they still propongate a label that certainly can't fit everyone who falls into a certain group.

bellaitaliana69
Activist
Member # 29887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellaitaliana69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also to clarify when I said "sex appeal" I wasn't referring exclusivly to looks.

--------------------
"Only fear the things which have the power to harm" --Dante Aligheri, "Inferno" canto 2

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law, but the operation of a higher law.

Posts: 136 | From: Roma, Italy | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

quote:
Well, that makes a little more sense. Thanks for clarifying.
[Smile]

[quote]What I meant was to avoid general statements, even "positive" ones, about any group of people. For example, "Redheads are full of attitude." or "Asian people are smart." aren't outright offensive, but they still propongate a label that certainly can't fit everyone who falls into a certain group.[quote]

Well I didn't say anything about what Italian guys are like, only that I happen to like em. [Smile] *gush* Trust me, I know better than to stereotype people. *nods*

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me

bellaitaliana69
Activist
Member # 29887

Okay, now that we've clarified that none of us are sterotyping here, are there any more suggestions as to what I can do to stop thinking about him? I know it sounds silly because I only really talked to him for one week, but he's so amazing and I just don't know what to do.

--------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Infatuations are fun, aren't they.

Sometimes, they take over your brain, though. In that case, go keep yourself busy so you don't get overwhelmed with the crush. Enjoy a hobby, study, read, do something else -- just don't be idle.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
What you can do,is some around-the-house projects
that you've been putting-off for a while (Or just a random chore like washing the dishes/stuff like that).

Or,like they said above,do some of your hobbies.

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
Tuxy, we ask that you please be mindful of your posts. ST serves a ton of users and runs almost solely off donations, so it's important we conserve bandwidth when possible. The original poster likely isn't reading this thread anymore.

While it's great that you're so friendly and willing to help, it's important to remember that there are special areas of the site for friendly chatting, such as appropriate threads in Town Hall. Otherwise, the main boards exist solely for asking and answering questions. Feel free to continue contributing if you feel you have something new and useful to add. Thank you for keeping this in mind in the future. [Smile]

[ 09-11-2006, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.