Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I just dont get this guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just dont get this guy
jasmineblue
Neophyte
Member # 29717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasmineblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a guy friend, we met in 8th grade and im sure we like each other a lot since then (more than friends). TONS of girls like him. Even though he told me "we are just good friends" something like that. He gets jealous or not happy with me when i'm around, flirting (not intentionally) with my other guy friends. Does that mean he still likes me more than friends? I still can't forget about him since 8th grade, i think i still like him =( please tell me what to do, and he is quiet sometimes, dosent like to talk much ! please reply!
Posts: 25 | From: TX | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should ask him. It would be better than guessing you know? Maybe ask him why he gets so jealous when you are around other guys and then go from there. That would be a good way to break the ice.

Sounds like there are still some feelings lingering but you should still ask him. Good luck hun! [Smile]

Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyLoveLifeIsInTrouble
Neophyte
Member # 29851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyLoveLifeIsInTrouble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with nina. You should just confront him because the answer you get from him will be alot more convincing and secure than your guess
Posts: 5 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasmineblue
Neophyte
Member # 29717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jasmineblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay..let me make this "clearer". I've ask him before and he ALWAYS wont admit his feelings and said "we are just good friends" but my quetions was that his "actions" disagrees with his statement.
Posts: 25 | From: TX | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried telling him how YOU feel, rather than relying on him to say the first words? That could be the way to go.

If you already have and he still acts like a jealous jerk, forget about him. A big part of a relationship is communication anyway, and if he can't even clearly state that he likes you, it's likely not worth your time.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.