Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » should i?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should i?
kristy89
Neophyte
Member # 24692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kristy89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went out on a first date with this guy the other day ..i knew him a little .. but not really well.. to the movies .. it was really nice. i liked it a lot. im pretty sure this guy likes me because he texts me and calls me. But he has never said " i like you" .. he just said he wants to see me again . and we are supose to see eachother this week . the thing is i know i like him, like i know i really want to get to know him. Should i wait for him to say something? or should i just be up front and tell him .. " hey i kinda have a crush on you" . And if you think i should say something to him... should i say it in person?
Posts: 19 | From: orillia,ontario,canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
origami_jane
Activist
Member # 27369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for origami_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes people don't come out and say things like that--he may feel like it's implied through his actions. What you could do is say after the next date that you're really enjoying what you're doing and that you'd like to continue it.
Posts: 129 | From: Mid-Atlantic US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all really depends on what kind of person you are. If you are an agressive person, then go for it! Timing is everything. Wait for the right moment and just tell him and yeah I think if you are going to tell him you should do it in person because its more intimate and more sincere. Good luck! [Smile]
Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nluv212
Neophyte
Member # 29602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nluv212         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it matters that deeply if your shy or agressive. If you like the guy and want to see him, next time your with him just kinda whisper to him "ya know, i really like you." ect ect. that's how i started my relationship, and we've been together for, well, long enough to say it worked.
Posts: 12 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on how you feel about it ? Do you feel it is fairly easy for you to tell him well I would like us to be more than friends ? If not, don't do it. You can also just say if you want : do you expect us to be more than friends.

The thing is not all boys will tell you I love you like that. Sometimes you just have to guess or ask them. If he tries to kiss you and set more and more date that could be a sign that he likes you. If you want to be sure just ask him how he feels about him and you.

You can also just wait to see how things turns out. Eventually, it will be easier to know if the guy likes you. Sometimes you need more than a date to discover how you really feel about a person. You sometimes need to know the person better.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.