Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » im not sure!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im not sure!
Music_is_my_Aeroplane2
Neophyte
Member # 29543

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Music_is_my_Aeroplane2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok well there is this kid i knew since 5th grade... he moved during 6th and came back during 8th... we havent talked a lot ever since. but now we work together and have met again and we have fun at work together... i rly like him and my friends say he likes me too... we have a lot in common and everytime we work together we laugh a lot... (we've been workin together for a few months.) i was walkin with my friend nicole the other day and he pulled up by me on his bike and called me a fool. (i always call him a fool so it was kinda cute.) and we were talking for a few and then we went different directions...i rly rly rly like him and ppl say he likes me and that its sooo obvious... and in my horoscopes it says love is in my future and all that crap... id like to think that true. idk if i should ask him out because what if im wrong, what if he doesnt like me, and will he still be comfortable knowing that i like him? what should i do?
Posts: 4 | From: under the bridge downtown | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still have a lot of time to figure out if he likes you or not. It might be good to develop a closer friendship with him and then see how it goes from there.
Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine a better set-up for you to make the first move. It sounds like the two of you have fun together, you like him, your friends think he likes you. It's time for someone to make a move or you'll be in this place for a looong time. It may as well be you. [Smile]
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Music_is_my_Aeroplane2
Neophyte
Member # 29543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Music_is_my_Aeroplane2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really want to ask him out but if he says no i dont want to ruin our friendship now... like i dont want him to be uncomfortable around me and not talk.
Posts: 4 | From: under the bridge downtown | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a risk you face. However, I think any awkwardness would just be temorary until you re-establish your friendship.

That means that if you ask him out and he declines, you both have to act like friends again. (Assuming that's what you want to be.) Respecting his answer and treating him the way you always have should be enough to show him that you're okay with the way things turned out but you still value him.

Besides, all of this is if he doesn't want to go on a date. He very well good be feeling the same way you are. I still think making the first move is worthwhile. [Smile]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Music_is_my_Aeroplane2
Neophyte
Member # 29543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Music_is_my_Aeroplane2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know... that really helped! thank you!
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

You're welcome!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.