Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » age and sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: age and sex
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashley hayes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi im 13 and my boy friend is 17 and we are about 3years and 8 months apart. are relationship is secret and he wants to have sex. but im afraid something can happen. and im afraid to have sex with him cuz of age. but if i dont have sex with him im afraid he will leave me. what should i do
Posts: 15 | From: Englewood CO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ttoks1
Neophyte
Member # 29238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ttoks1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haveing sex at your age is illegle anyway so you realy soundent but apart from that maybe talking to him about it? if your not ready let him know and wait untill you are should wait untill your 16 so that it's legle for you to otherwise if your parent find out they can charge him with rape (not sure what kinda rape it is gota name)

--------------------
war's come and go but my soldier's, they stay enternal-tupac shakur

time is a wast of life
life is a wast of time
so wast your time and have the time of your life

Posts: 19 | From: australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dont have sex with him unless you are ready. dont do it just so he will stay with you. if he leaves you because you dont want to he isnt worth it. there are many consequences with having sex, emotional and physical. stds, pregnancy etc. talk to him about it.
at your age it is illegal like ttocks1 said. if you get caught he can be charged.

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashley hayes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx i will try to talk to him. but what if he dumps me. i dont think i can handle that. then should i give in and sleep with him. cuz i have almost given in befor but we were interupted and i was kind of happy we were.
Posts: 15 | From: Englewood CO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry to say this but if he dumps you because you wouldn't have sex with him he isnt worth it. it was kind of obvious he only with you for that. only have sex when your ready and happy to do it. at 13 you are quite along way away from the legal age to have sex. wait dont be rushed into it. you were happy you were interrupted before, thats your body telling you your not ready
Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

i really like him and i dont want to loose him but i dont want him to be charged with anything im confused.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're under the AOC, Ashley. Not only that, but no mature, reasonable 17-year-old would want to enter a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old. He is going to leave you if you don't sleep with him. THink about it. I think it's pretty clear that he isn't with you because he likes you as a person and connects with you.

Have you seen a gynecologist? Gotten tested for STDs? Do you know that he's gotten tested? Can you afford to have safe sex (ie, pay for condoms and birth control)? Do you think you can handle all the possible consequences of sex? If you can't say 'yes' to all of these, then you're not ready. And you even say yourself that you're glad you were interrupted the last time. So do yourself a favour and get out of this situation.

[ 06-17-2006, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ttoks1
Neophyte
Member # 29238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ttoks1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if he's only in the relationship for sec he isent wrth it so no dont give into him if he's presureing you talk to him and say your not ready make sure your ready befor you have sex with him and make sure you practice safe sex use condoms and lube if you need it

--------------------
war's come and go but my soldier's, they stay enternal-tupac shakur

time is a wast of life
life is a wast of time
so wast your time and have the time of your life

Posts: 19 | From: australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

i can only say yes to one. u r probably write. IM NOT READY thanx guys.
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

for the future if u cant ask parents how to get birth control how do u get it
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't need parental consent for birth control. Obviously, it would be better for you to be honest with your parents about this sort of thing, but if you feel you cannot tell them, there are ways for you to stay safe regardless. You can get birth control at clinics such as Planned Parenthood, which are anonymous, completely confidential and often operate on a sliding scale.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

but how would i get there i dont tell my parents anything and the only way to get there is by them
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Public transport? A friend who has a car? I'm sure you can find a way to get there. And if you can't - here's the thing: Sex is meant to be fun, but for it to be fun, you need to engage it in responsibly. And if you, for whatever reason, cannot do that, well, then you really shouldn't be having sex - for the safety of everyone involved. So. Can't get to to a clinic for STD testing and birth control? Sex is just gonna have to wait until you can.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

ok but can condoms help in the same way birth control can
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Condoms, if used correctly, are pretty effective in preventing both STDs and pregnancy. But here's the thing - if you're sexually active, you should definitely get checked out by a gyn on a regular basis to make sure you're STD-free and everything's okay.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

thank u sooooooooooo much
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

No problem. Glad I could help. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=002764

Ashley, here you describe a very different lifestle than you do in this post. Which is it?

--------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Ashley? When you registered, you agreed to post in proper English. Please do so. It only takes two additional key strokes to turn a "u" into a "you". Thanks.)

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

the Gonorrhea story is for my sis k
she is 15 and i told her i wouldnt say anything so i am asking u guys on wat i should tell her to do.
she has gotin pregnant but had a abortion and now she needs help about Gonorrhea and wat she should do.

k

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ashley, if your sister wants advice, she needs to register a handle of her own. It gets confusing if you're asking for advice for two people. Thanks.

Per your sister's question: Bobolink's advice still applies. If she suspects she has gonorrhea, she needs to see a physician. She also needs a full STI screening, a pregnancy test, and she really needs to start practicing safer sex. There are some articles here at the site you may wish to point her to:

A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment
STI File: Gonorrhea
Safe, Sound & Sexy : A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kit Kat
Neophyte
Member # 29438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kit Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-- edited per the guidelines --

[ 06-18-2006, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

--------------------
I Put Spot Remover On My Dog And Now He Is Gone

Posts: 12 | From: Fort Smith | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kit Kat, please watch the tone of your posts. Scarleteen is not the place to pass judgment on others for their decisions - please refrain from doing so in the future.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kit Kat
Neophyte
Member # 29438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kit Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-- edited as it is unacceptable to call voluneetrs heartless, evil bitches here (in case anyone else felt the temptation and was unclear) --

[ 06-18-2006, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

--------------------
I Put Spot Remover On My Dog And Now He Is Gone

Posts: 12 | From: Fort Smith | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kit Kat,

If you have any complaints/comments, please take it to email. -- boards@scarleteen.com

For now, your posting privledges have been suspended. If you do feel you want to come back to the boards and think you can follow the guidelines, you can write to Miz Scarlet at the address above and tell her.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiee
Neophyte
Member # 29454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't have it. If he expects sex out of the relationship, it isn't a true realtionshop at all.

--------------------
Heyyy

Posts: 1 | From: Singapore | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hiee, welcome to scarleteen.

Please be aware that here, we consider ourselves a safe place for everyone who wants to be sexually active in the context of various kinds of relationships. Passing judgement on kind based on your own morals isn't acceptable here, because everyone is different, has different ethics, and different ideas of what works for them.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.