Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My bestfriend's Girlfriend..............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My bestfriend's Girlfriend..............
JamiE .S
Neophyte
Member # 29336

Icon 5 posted      Profile for JamiE .S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Cant stop thinking about her , its driving me crazy ,and is not helping me revise for my exams.
Its a long story
it started last year when the new year of A-level students started at my college(its the equivalent of the last 2 years of high school in the U.S i think)and there was a party a few weeks later, one of the new girls starts chatting to me and we get along really well , later on in the night i saw her coming out of a night club, she looked pretty drunk and she came running up to me and said that she wanted to stay with me that night. i walked her home and left it at that.
Anyway the next week i hear that she has hooked up with my best friend! They are still going out at this moment but everytime i go out to a party she starts flirting with me and making my friend jealous.... she always dances with me and rubs her body against mine!She is soooo confusing!! I had a fight with my friend because of her....
Anyway i left that school because i failed my exams and i dont see them anymore. But i just found out she is going to the same university as me !! i am attracted to her but i dont want her ruining my education like she did before. Should i not go to university because of her? What do i do?

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelleMorte
Activist
Member # 27890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BelleMorte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's tricky... Is she going to be in the same classes as you? If you will be studying different things, you might not even see her too much. From what you've said, she sounds like trouble. I would try to go out of my way not to have her around. If it's a big campus, it'll be easier.

--------------------
"Ne donne un baiser, ma mie, que la bague au doigt" -Méphistophélès from Faust (Don't give a kiss, my sweetheart, until the ring is on your finger)

Posts: 44 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyway i left that school because i failed my exams and i dont see them anymore. But i just found out she is going to the same university as me !! i am attracted to her but i dont want her ruining my education like she did before.

I don't really think this is a fair statement. YOU'RE the one that let a crush (or whatever you want to call it) get in the way of your studies. She didn't make you fail; your own lack of discipline is what made you fail.

You have another chance though ... I would take it! If you don't want women (and other relationships) getting in the way of your studies, don't put yourself in situations where you may become distracted.

Don't fool yourself though, by blaming your mistakes on other people. Admit that you made the mistake and move on. It is the only way we learn.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamiE .S
Neophyte
Member # 29336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamiE .S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know that she wasn't directly to blame for me failing my exams but she did ruin the relationship between me and my best friend.
I think ill take Bellemorte's advice and try to stay away from her, she is very manipulative and im sure once she finds out that i'm at the same uni she will try and cast her spell on me again

Her boyfriend isn't going with her but i dont know if that will make any difference.

I think maybe i should find a girl who is less trouble and doesnt confuse me so much.

But anyway thanks for all the advice, and sorry for such a confusing topic.

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conker
Activist
Member # 28961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not going to help people that are apparently running two names on here, i have an IP logger and you seem to be two different people, funny and apparently also live in two different parts of the world. well ill let the moderators handle this cause im sure they know and if not this should tip em off

--------------------
If you have to steal a pregnancy test chances are you cant afford a baby either

Posts: 47 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Conker, if you have an issue, please e-mail it to boardmama@scarleteen.com. We'll ensure it get's taken care of.)

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And just to be sure we're all clear here, even were it NOT the case that actually, this users IP addresses match just fine, this isn't something we need or want users to be doing.

We've got it covered, and all users assigning themselves the IP police is going to do is make other users feel less safe posting here, which stands counter to what we aim for with this community.

And Jamie? Let's drop the silly, sexist notion that women "cast spells" on men to get or keep their interest.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamiE .S
Neophyte
Member # 29336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamiE .S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry no offence intended i was just trying to get the point across that this girl was very manipulative and it was not aimed at the entire female population incase you misunderstood.
PigmyPuff
Neophyte
Member # 29108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PigmyPuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dude, you've GOT to get away from that girl! she means trouble, and if she is as manipulative as you say, you seem very easy to control. So if you can't put the dots to the i's with this woman, then drop it. There many other fishes in the sea. [Smile]
Posts: 24 | From: Argentina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.