Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » can anyone give me some advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can anyone give me some advice
-:TAYLOR:-
Neophyte
Member # 29329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -:TAYLOR:-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like a girl from my school but i havent got a clue if she likes me!!!!
in my first 2 years she hated me cos my friends but i dont hang around with them anymore and i made friends with her but i still fancy her!
I havent got a clue how 2 let her now how i feel?
could any one give me advice?

Posts: 6 | From: sheffield | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowspectre
Neophyte
Member # 29301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowspectre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I like a girl, I just try to find ways to hang out with her more often. Get to know her. Like one time, i liked this girl and I sat next to her best friend in english class, so I made friends with her friend (by lending her paper and scissors actually) and before long I was hangin out with her friend and therefore her too. I got to know the girl and decided I dednt like her very much afterall, but thats beside the point.
Posts: 7 | From: Toronto | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cappa
Neophyte
Member # 29271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try to find a way to hang out with her. If she plays a sport, attend one of the games/meets. If you're allowed to have a myspace, sometimes you can friend someone and send them a message or two and take it from there.

Try not to mention your friends, as that is not important; remember that your goal is to let her get to know you for who you are.

Stay calm and try to start conversations about personal experiences that were funny and interesting.

If she is not interested in dating you, she can turn out to be your best friend. Taking the chance is well worth it.

Good luck, Taylor.

Posts: 9 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-:TAYLOR:-
Neophyte
Member # 29329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -:TAYLOR:-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx people but im a bit nervous i dont no wot 2 do when i do see her or get the chance 2 chat
Posts: 6 | From: sheffield | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PigmyPuff
Neophyte
Member # 29108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PigmyPuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be nervous, she's just a person like you and like Cappa said, after all she can be your friend if things dont' work out! But for now, let's concentrate on approaching. I agree with the idea of hanging with her friends or close to her, that's always a good way to get to meet someone. If you can't pluck up your courage to do that, there's always internet. MSN, Chatrooms, whatever. Although, you WILL have to talk to her personally if you really want something to happen.
After getting to know her, when you're feeling comfortable enough in her presence, you should let her know that you fancy her. Most of all, be patient and be yourself, don't change friends or your personality to get to her. =)

Posts: 24 | From: Argentina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.