Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » So we broke up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So we broke up
Sugapllum fairii
Neophyte
Member # 29147

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Sugapllum fairii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems I post quite a lot on this board lol.

Well, yesterday I posted something about my boyfriend moving soooo fast and wanting marriage and all of this. So I looked at our relationship and decided that our goals and stuff were just too different. So I decided to break up with him and called up to meet him.

So he came round my house and I broke the news. I seiously din't think he'd handle it this bad
[Frown] he got majorly upset, he was cring and everything. He said I was the person he had planned to spend the rest of his life with, and as he believed sex shouldn't happen until after marriage (and we had sex before) he had also give up personal beliefs fro me. I tried to tell him it was for the best, so we hugged and said goodbye.

I'm extremely worried about him. What if he does something dangerous, like self harm? I would feel extremely guilty as I still think of him as my responsibility. I just don't know what to do with him [Confused]

--------------------
Oh I Wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair, 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
She rocks go to www.sandithom.com and listne!

Posts: 13 | From: London, England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for deciding what is right for you and taking the the step to break up. It's natural to care about your ex, especially after a break-up, but his actions are not your fault or responsiblity. If you seriously think he's going to hurt himself, you could contact his parents about your worries. Otherwise he should be leaning on other friends for support.

As for changing his personal beliefs? That was his decision even if it didn't work out as he had hoped. You said your goals and views were different, so hopefully he'll come to realize the decision really is for the best eventually.

That all said, crying (by guys and girls) isn't unusual after a relationship. He probably just needs some time and space.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Ecofem - it's natural to still care about your ex, natural to feel responsible. But you did the right thing for yourself. All you can do right now is give him some time, and maybe pick up a friendship later, if it works.

--------------------
still flowin on the river of life...and i have no regrets.

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayday2
Neophyte
Member # 29222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayday2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He will get over it and find another girl soon
Posts: 8 | From: noko | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron22, we ask that users post constructively. While you mean well, please take the time to really think about your post before you hit "submit." Thanks.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.