Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Bfs, sex and periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bfs, sex and periods
Aela 57
Neophyte
Member # 27587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aela 57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Just want a general consensus here please. I just got my period today, and told my boyfriend. He has been living away at uni for a while and has been very much looking forward to getting back home and getting lots of sex. When I told him on the phone just now, he said 'fine, it's just another in a long chain of disappointments'. This isn't him joking by the way, he was serious. He then said 'just like in Rome'. The background of this comment is that I bought us both a holiday this March for his birthday to Rome, payed for everything from flights to food to gifts for his mum because he couldn't afford anything himself, which was ok. I had recently came off the pill and didn't realise I'd get my period the day before going away because I wasn't back on track with my period calender? Anyway, so he didn't get sex on holiday either because of it. But I gotta say, it wasn't exactly a dream to have my period on holiday either but I coped with it and it was fine.

Ok so, I know I'm most likely more emotional right now, but is it right for him to say this kinda thing?

Thanks, A.

--------------------
Aela. 19, 5'9. Often confused.

Posts: 20 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith54
Activist
Member # 27855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right? Eh, not really, b/c it's not your fault you got your period. But his frustration is understandable. Do you guys do anything else besides have sex? If not, it would be a good idea, b/c that way he won't feel so sexually frustrated. Also, maybe he's flexible to the idea of "servicing" you when you're on the rag? My bf doesn't mind partaking in some manual sex when I'm on a light flow. Are either of you open to that? That way neither of you will feel frustrated and sex won't have to be such a big deal.

--------------------
"My grandmother never gave gifts- she was too busy being raped by cossacks." ~ Woody Allen

Posts: 107 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aela 57
Neophyte
Member # 27587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aela 57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we have been going out 18months and it's not just about sex at all. He's just very, very big on it.

And yes, we have done manual sex before during my period even oral, though I find it a bit weird and it's more his encouragement than mine.

--------------------
Aela. 19, 5'9. Often confused.

Posts: 20 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, no, I don't think it's okay for him to say that in that way.

If he has a preference not to have sex when a woman has her period, that's his issue to account for to himself, not yours, nor something for him to be crappy to you about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefreak44
Activist
Member # 12381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluefreak44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he was really inconsiderate.

Instead of saying how happy he will be to see you, he said he's disappointed that he can't have sex with you. A relationship isn't just about sex.

Posts: 81 | From: MO, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.