Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » two people in shy love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: two people in shy love
mensy
Neophyte
Member # 27644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mensy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi guys i've really asked a few questions but no reply to some of them but anyway i appreciate wat u do.

well i've recently been posting stuff about the guy in my class that i love him and now i told him myself and he said he already loved me too but it was hard for him to talk.

then after the talk about love ,the bell rings and we go back to class and that was yesterday. today we didnt talk because of shyness but atleast he smiled at me .

the problem is its not easy to understand each other because he is from brazil and am from holland. he speaks portuguese and i speak dutch and english and he understands little dutch yet he speaks no english too.

wat do we do to keep the relationship going? am also very shy and he is too shy.we only talked yesterday. we are hoping to talk tomorrow but i dont know what to ask or talk about,can u help me here? please reply.

i also wanna know if there is something specific about brazilians that i should know?

Posts: 17 | From: holland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaybie87
Neophyte
Member # 28172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaybie87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My advice would be; be patient. It's ok to take this slowly, get to know each other, etc.

Also, since language is a bit of a problem for you then spending time doing fun things makes things a little easier. Find out how he likes to spend his time and figure out an activity you can do together. Go bowling, play video games,things like that. And doing things with a few of your friends and his friends might take some pressure of him so he doesn't feel so shy.

I don't think anyone can tell you anything specific about brazilians that wouldn''t be a stereotype. Everyone is different, you're just going to have to discover what he's like for yourself.

Good luck!

--------------------
"too often, I have been the Lover
cursed to Love the F*****
and f*** the lover over " Raquel Ramirez, The women I have been

Posts: 17 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mensy
Neophyte
Member # 27644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mensy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well this is so unbelievable and i dont understand myself at all.
today after class my friend told me to go and say atleast say hi to him and i went and i said hi and he didnt really care so much and it seemed like he had a problem talking with me but he kept smiling.

after a while i asked him for his phone number and he refused and i didnt bother him with contacts anymore. when i saw he wasnt talking to me as ew were walking i decided to ask him why he was so difficult and he said he's problem is dat he is in love with another girl and he didnt wanna hurt me,then i immediately its okey!and he asked me to just be friends.

then i turned back to find my way home. then as i was going home withy my friends,i told them what happened and they couldnt believe. one of my friends told me that that brazillian guy told him he was in love me and how comes he just changed hi mind just like dat?am confused because the first time i talked to him was on wednesday and he told that he was in love with me and why didnt he manage to tell about that other girl that he loves?

he has really confused me and if he didnt love me then why did he keep telling my friend that he loved me and wanted to talk to me, if he didnt love me then why didnt he tell me the first time that i talked to him. i even feel sick ,wat should i do next

Posts: 17 | From: holland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that his behavior is confusing, mensy. The language barrier is obviously an issue here, but honest communication is most important. He may have said things to your friend, but I'd listen to what he said. If it's genuine confusion, ok, but he could also be playing games.

Honestly? I'd take a step back, because something's odd, and it's making you feel bad. Perhaps look into getting to know him as just a friend (assuming it isn't too painful for you), but I'd not think of a relationship unless/until he figures things out himself.

If he just moved to Holland recently, he still could be dealing with culture shock. It would make sense that he needs time to figure things out, without the complication of relationships.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mensy
Neophyte
Member # 27644

i dont even know whats wrong with me because am so falling in love so much .

there is this guy were i go to play badminton and he really is looking so nice and very attrative.

so i thought that maybe since i've been heart broken then i can fall in love again, and i actually dont know him at all may be i can just become his friend and get to know him better and i can figure out if he likes me too.

i dont wanna fall in love so much but i dont know why iam. may be its because i feel very lonely since i've not had a boyfriends in the last two years.

what can i do about this guy that i play with because i only play with him on tuesday so its hard to see each other.please help me.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.