Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » lost..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lost..
His_Lil_Angel
Activist
Member # 24041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for His_Lil_Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok well im 15 years old and lost.. hence the name.. ill get straight to the point anyway.
well ive had the worst month of my life. my life doesnt even feel like a lfe anymore, more like a chore. a very unhappy chore!!
ive lost all my close friends i used to have, and i dont even know why!!?? they all seemed to drift away from me !! i do have friends but they live 2bus rides away from me, about 30mins. i have no one close to me that i can see everyday and share everything with.
my boyfriend of 6months dumped me a week ago, 1 day after i got back from a 2week holiday in america where i missed him very much !! i still miss him alot!!
i also get bullied at school for mistakes i made when i was in lower school, and no one can seem to forget them and let me move on with my life.
basically my life is falling apart and i dont know what to do anymore!! people im close to, care alot about or love always seem to leave me in the end.. [Frown] i dont know where to start! how to make new friends when everyone has their own best friends and dont want to know me. what can i do ? [Confused] please help. any help most appreciated

[ 05-02-2006, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: His_Lil_Angel ]

Posts: 52 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greenapp1es
Activist
Member # 28071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenapp1es     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can tell you I know where you're coming from...I was picked on horribly in grade school, and that lived with me through my early high school years. I also know what it is to have your close friends dissappear...I actually got to the point where I figured making new friends was pointless because something would happen and they'd be gone in a year anyway. So...I know where you're coming from...and I know how hard it can be. What I can tell you is that things do get better. It's hard now, but you will come through this, and you will come through stronger for having done so.

First off...you're going through and awful lot, and you may do a lot better with someone to talk to. Can you run a google search for a teen hotline in your area? I'm not in the UK so I'd have no idea where to start for finding you a number. There are resources that are put there specifically for people in situations like yours to have a place to go and people to talk to. Also, can you talk to your school councelor about this? Both will probably be helpful.

It also may help to get yourself involved in some new activities/hobbies where you can meet some new people. Is there anything that you're interested in? Sports? Clubs? Volunteering? Put yourself into something you enjoy...it will give you a chance to meet new people...who share a common interest and hopefully no preconceptions about you.

Also, just something to think about for the future...you won't be in high-school (or whatever your equivelent is) forever...pretty soon you're going to be going to college...or to the work force...where you get a fresh new start on everything. I know it's a bit off at the moment...but it is there. In the meantime...work through this...as I said hopefully a councelor or something will be helpful...but know that you won't be in this situation forever. Also, focus on things that you're proud about you...having confidence in oneself makes all of this easier to deal with.

Good luck, I hope everything comes out ok for you.

Posts: 96 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Well handled, greenapp1es!)

I was in the same boat as you in school, as well. It's a hell I've just recently escaped.

I can tell you with all honesty that high school sometimes just isn't the place to form lasting friendships or romances. My friends were mostly made by volunteering for the community orchestra, or random-chance meetings at coffee houses.

High school students are just undergoing too much pressure all the time. They float from cliche to cliche trying to find an identity. I know this is hurtful (boy, do I know!) to witness.

I really hope that things go better for you soon. Like greenapp1es said, this phase of your life doesn't last forever, even though it might seem to. Good luck!

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.