Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Paranoia effecting Relationships....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoia effecting Relationships....
sexualghost
Activist
Member # 26692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexualghost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

I don't know if this would go here or in support groups so I appologize if this is the wrong area to put this.

Here's my problem. I'm extremly paranoid. I'm suspicious of everyone but moreso i'm the most suspicious of people who I become close to both romantically and non-romantically and i'm not entirely sure why. It's getting to a point where it's effecting relationships with friends, lovers, family, and professionally.

I've talked this over with my psychiatrists and psychologists and they've both offered some insight on what might be causing much of this, however they haven't added much insight on a solution to help me solve this problem. I guess i'm getting worried because my paranoid behaviour is causing friends and family to back away from me when I need them as close to me as possible. I guess i'm just confused with myself and not sure what to do anymore. I don't want to screw up any more relationships with my constant paranoia which causes me to flip out on the smallest things. It scares me, and i cry myself to sleep because it scares me so much to think that i'm pushing everyone I love and cherrish and hold so dear to me away. And the sad part about all of this is; i'm not doing it on purpose. *sigh* I don't know what to do...

Posts: 42 | From: Drifter | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are the insight as to the cause of your paranoia? Perhaps looking at what's causing it can help you identify what you need to overcome it.

Also, you can always ask your psychaitrists for specific strategies to help you overcome this.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexualghost
Activist
Member # 26692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexualghost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Insights into causing my paranoia...i feel as if everyone is against me, or has some kind of alterior motive. I feel like my friends and family are all hiding some deep dark secret that if I were to find out something terrible would happen.

I don't know most of all i'm paranoid that i'm going to be left alone and abandoned....it's something i haven't quite gotten over just yet.

I have spoken to my psychiatrists about it, and they put me on medication for it. Unfortunatly i don't think the medication they put me on is working or maybe it's something deeper than just a chemical imbalance. i don't know. I guess i'm just scared of two particular people in my life right now, completly leaving me because of reasons i have no control over. In fact these two people at this point in time are the only two people i have who i can trust and talk to, and recently at least with one of them things haven't been going to well. So i get more paranoid and suspicious and it's just making things worse and worse and worse and ahhhh i just can't take this stupid stuff anymore:S....*sigh* sorry, i don't really have anywhere else to express these feelings. Asides from the professionals i'm seeing who do know how i feel....it's just one big long nasty circle...

Posts: 42 | From: Drifter | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.