Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Uncomfortable..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uncomfortable..
Summertime455
Neophyte
Member # 28239

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Summertime455     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been dating a guy i met for about a week now, and he seems like a great guy. He has confided in me that he has had sex with two girls, and has had about 5 girlfriends, which kind of scares or intimidates me. I myself have had one serious boyfriend, and have kissed like two guys. Obviously he is more experienced than me, and he knows that. I do not have a problem doing stuff with him, but i would have to be with him for a while. We have kissed, like a peck good bye and such, but not much else. I have made out with a guy before, but i am afraid he is going to think i am a bad kisser because he has kissed soo many guys. Are my conserns stupid? I tend to be insecure sometimes, so this is probably where it is coming from. Or should i just go for it, and hope for the best? And advice would be greatly appriciated!
Posts: 24 | From: Northeastern US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*meg*
Neophyte
Member # 28409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *meg*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huni, if this guy cares about you at all, he'l like whatever you have to give. Dont be worried about not being experienced enough for him, wait until you totally trust him before doing anything, because then you will know how much you like each other.
Posts: 29 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greenapp1es
Activist
Member # 28071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenapp1es     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend has had many, many more than 5 girlfriends, whereas he was my first boyfriend and first kiss. He has no problems whatsoever with the way I kiss him. As *meg* said, if he cares about you everything will be fine...just relax and enjoy it. Have him communicate with you about what he likes and let him know what you respond to...and everything will be fine.

That said, if you aren't comfortable with kissing at this point of time, don't rush yourself. Just keep at a pace that is right for you

Posts: 96 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zeta
Activist
Member # 20185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that "experience" doesn't help one iota. Each partner is always different, knowing what one likes won't help you much with another. So as far as you two together go, he's just as much of a newbie as you are.

--------------------
I don't get even, I get odder

Posts: 57 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
likewhoa19
Activist
Member # 28218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for likewhoa19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
actually, if you've never been sexually active, it really is a novel experience and gets less awkward over time. but yes, i agree with greenapples, make sure you go at a pace that feels good to you, b/c if ever something feels awkward with the amount of practice you have, going farther will probably just be worse. and yes, all partners are different, so he's certainly not necessarily a whiz on what will work for you either.

[ 04-18-2006, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: likewhoa19 ]

Posts: 193 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summertime455
Neophyte
Member # 28239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summertime455     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really appreciate your advice guys!
Thanks [Smile]
~Summertime

Posts: 24 | From: Northeastern US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.