Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is this something we should get into?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this something we should get into?
peachyluv
Neophyte
Member # 27921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peachyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was 7, my mom passed away and then not even a year later my dad married my stepmom who i'll call Lynn. In 5 years they've had 3 kids. So needless to say we get along. Or at least tolerate each other. But I've never been able to call Lynn my mom, nor have I ever really called any of her relatives my family. But nevertheless we can get along.
This kind of poses a problem. Lynn has a nephew, Robbie,who isn't exactly related to us because his mom is my stepuncle's ex-girlfriend. I know it's crazy, but Robbie likes now and i can tell b/c he acts like most of the guys that are hitting on me or showing interest. But I guess he's nervous for the same reason I would be. If I was Lynn's daughter (which I'm not)and his mom and dad stayed together, there would be nothing going through his head about me. And I kind of think he's sweet too. I think he has a better outlook on me now that I'm not the same cheesy 8 yr old little kid he met 7 years ago. Like a couple months ago we went to a party and we talked for hours. and there was a little chemistry I guess. But anyway what's your opinion on this?

Posts: 6 | From: Madison, MS | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you're not biologically related that doesn't stop you from being family. Are you going to be seeing each other at holidays, weddings, graduation parties, funerals, etc? Do your step-families still consider the two of you to be related?

In this case I think it's worthwhile to consider how your relationship will affect the people close to you. You might even want to discuss it with them and see how they feel about it before you get too far into something.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.