Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Cans she fly on a plane?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cans she fly on a plane?
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it okay for a pregnant person of any age.. to be able to get on a plane while being pregnant? or something can happen to the baby??? or its perfectly fine and wont cause no harm.. no matter if shes days,weeks, and or months??
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplepiano49
Neophyte
Member # 23643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplepiano49     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on her general health, and how far along in the pregnancy she is. She should ask her doctor for advice.
Posts: 26 | From: UK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Different airlines have different restrictions - most restrict travel past the eighth month.
Contact the airline as well as the doctor, since he might have to write a letter of explanation to the airline (British Airways does that, among others).

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well what about weeks? my question is more on the can the baby die because of the plane or the way the planes flies above 3,000 plus miles high?? but the thing here my cousins g/f is pregnant about 2 weeks and since i know about this site i was asked to ask about it.. she will be flying with her mom to costa rica.. she is 16 years old.. march 30 so can anything happen to her baby? she is in good health
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she's 2 weeks, she'll be fine. 3000 feet is a relatively low altitude.

radiation exposure (and potential harm to the baby) occurs as the plane flies at high altitudes, so it's more of a risk for pregnancies over a couple of months, at least.

have your cousin's girlfriend/parents ask the airline about the altitude of her flight and check with her doctor.

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless it is a troublesome pregnancy, I can't imagine a flight that early in the pregnancy to be an issue.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.