Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » girl trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: girl trouble
danieljo
Neophyte
Member # 27737

Icon 2 posted      Profile for danieljo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this has happened to me a couple of times before: I meet a girl i really like but never get the courage to ask her out.My confidence took a shot last year when i asked someone out and got flat out rejected.Sometimes i just wish it wouldnt have to be guys asking girls out, but that they would ask us out.
Forgive me if i didnt post right or something, im new to the site.

Posts: 2 | From: Richmond,Virginia,USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, we're working on getting society into the 21st Century. by that, i mean we actively encourage guys AND GALS to gather up the guts to ask people out. people would get so much further in life -- in EVERYTHING they do -- if only they'd just be proactive.

anyway, people get rejected. from jobs. from schools. from people. GET USED TO IT. It hurts, but you don't get anywhere if you hide from the possibility.

think about it: if you never ask, your chances are 0% yes, 100% no. but if you do ask, the chances of getting a yes increase to something above zero.

so c'mon guy, grow the cojones to just do it. and don't ask out of nowhere. get to know a girl by talking to her first, then when you are sure you're getting along, invite her to hang out. hang out a while, then try asking her to a dance. then after the dance, try asking her out.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lotesseflower
Neophyte
Member # 27312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lotesseflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've just got to do it. Dating is hard! I want to second gumdrop's suggestion of moving into asking girls out: asking for a dance, a phone number. If you're in high school or college, as her to sit with you for lunch in the cafeteria.

We've all got to deal with rejection. It stinks, but it's inevitable.

Posts: 31 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.