Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scared
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O.K. I should probably see a therapist, but here it goes. I am scared of a relationship. I denied it for a while saying I just like being single, that I didn't truly like that boy that much. But I am scared, cause I don't want to get physical at all. I am 17 though. And it creeps me out when a guy grabs me closer or tried any of the umm bases as the kids in my class tell me. Am I odd? I think I may be doing it cause I want to be content with myself first emotionally and physically, but I pretty much am. I know you will scarleteens staff will ignore this post, and give me a random article. But what I am really hoping for is someone to tell me I am not alone and others want to stay pure like me too.
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mix_tape
Neophyte
Member # 24617

Icon 14 posted      Profile for mix_tape     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! It's okay to not want to be in a relationship. I didn't have my first boyfriend or kiss until I was comfortable with myself at age late 17. Only awkwardness will occur if you force a relationship when you feel like you don't want to be in one right now. When the time is right you will know. Also, being in a relationship will not make you "unpure," trust me, there are PLENTY of partners out there who would like to abstain from sex also and may be looking for a nonphysical relationship like yourself.

I also have a bunch of friends who would rather focus on school or work or other activities important to them in their lives rather than having to put so much attention into a relationship. I've been with my first boyfriend for 8 months now and it does involve a lot of my time that sometimes should be more focused on school work. I always think that school should come first though. Anyways, I'd just like to tell you that you are not alone!

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.