Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » how to get him to ask me out??? please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to get him to ask me out??? please help!
krissyo
Neophyte
Member # 27268

Icon 5 posted      Profile for krissyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay this is concerning me and a boy and i really dont know what to do...so if anyone is interested it trying to help me and give me suggestions that would be great :-D

so theres this boy alex who've i liked for going on six months. my best friend nina started liking this kid jean. so we would go over his house and sleepover. well alex is jeans cousin and he was always over there when we would sleepover. so once nina started dating alex..i askked alex if he thought that jean would do "stuff" with me and sure enough alex said yeah. so we would make out and stuff...well six months have gone by. and alex goes to a different school so i only get to see him on the weekends when we go over jeans house.

and since the very begining ive liked alex but he never seemed like he wanted to really go out with me. i just recently talked to jean about it and asked what was up. and he said its just that hes scared to have a girlfriend because he never has really had a "real" girlfriend.so after me worrying about alex using me the whole time ..its just been that hes scared to have a girlfriend. so now that i know this i want to try to loosin him up and try to show him that it wont be scarey to have a girlfriend.

i also barely talk to him during the week.sometimes online but when its online we have like hey whats up kinda convos..nothing really that great. should i give him my number?

what do you guys have for suggestions as to how i can try to get him to date me or just get closer to me. i am so confused!

Posts: 9 | From: north olmsted,ohio,united states | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you. ask. him.

duh. it's 2006, get with the program, girl.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lindsay*Marie
Activist
Member # 26167

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lindsay*Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree, talk to him, tell him you like him if it seems liek his reaction is good, which i am sure it will ask him out and of course give him your number.
Posts: 40 | From: duluth mn us | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barkingkiwi
Neophyte
Member # 27727

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Barkingkiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to point out, from a male point of view, that I would personally be delighted if a girl initiated a romantic relationship.
Posts: 4 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lotesseflower
Neophyte
Member # 27312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lotesseflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally, ask him. You've got good reason to think that he's into you, so move on him.

It's scary to ask someone out, but it's just as scary from boys as it is for us girls.

Posts: 31 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus9
Activist
Member # 22679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, just ask him. I assume you're in high school, so I'll say this. You might as well find out how he feels about you rather than playing guessing games with yourself.
Posts: 86 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DTB3
Neophyte
Member # 27482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DTB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea i want to agree with Barkingkiwi that i would love it if a woman initiated a romantic relationship. then again i am a kid like alex who has never had a real girlfriend and i fear rejection. it is just a lot of pressure and even if a woman starts talking about having some sort of feelings for me, it really helps a lot, it just kinda shows me i dont have to fear rejection as much and eases me.
Posts: 11 | From: illl-noise | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.