Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » VALENTINES DAY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VALENTINES DAY
SOMEBODY
Activist
Member # 17368

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SOMEBODY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone! I wanted to know how your valentines day was. Let me tell you about mine,I had a GREAT time and guess what? My boyfriend proposed to me and we are getting married! Im engaged!Im so happy! I would like to know how all of you had your valentines day.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygirl88
Activist
Member # 9745

Icon 7 posted      Profile for babygirl88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great! I'm happy that you're happy, and I wish the two of you the best of days, months and years to come.

My Valentine's Day was less than stellar, as I have been dealing with some mean bullying type kids at school. It was the day of Love and I had never felt more hated.

However, a nice surprise came when good ole guy friend called me up and asked if he could come over for a while, mentioning that he had picked me up something =D

My friend came over and we spent the night together, talking, playing darts, eating pizza and marshmellows. He gave me chocolate, which I love, and a cute stuffed kitten I named Cheddar because he's orange. He also wrote me an impromptu cheer-up-you're-awesome poem just before coming to my house because when he called I picked up the phone crying and he could sense how upset I was.

If it weren't for my friend I would have had a terrible night!

------------------
"It's something
unpredictable
but in the end is right
i hope you had the
time of your life"

Posts: 150 | From: !USA! | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unity_the_ninth
Neophyte
Member # 27377

Icon 10 posted      Profile for unity_the_ninth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never understand how people can be so mean on Valentine's day.

I got a nice present and dinner from my boyfriend, but the really great thing was finding out that his family really likes me. His sister (who lives in another state) sent some jewelry for me, his mother knit me a hat, and I found out that his little cousin has cut all the hair on her Barbie dolls really short after meeting me (my hair's about an inch long). It really made me feel accepted.

Posts: 9 | From: Montana, US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I found out that his little cousin has cut all the hair on her Barbie dolls really short after meeting me (my hair's about an inch long).

Okay, that's about the cutest thing of all time.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw! That's great! I'm so happy for you!! Hopw all goes well for the both of you!!

My V-day was fun. I went to school as normal and had to withstand all the girls giggling and toating around teddy bears, chocolate, and balloons that read "I love you!"

After that, I couldn't wait to see my guy. I had already gone a week without see him, so I was bursting to see him! We didn't go out to eat, as there wouldn't be a restaurant in town that wasn't PACKED to the brim. We went to Starbucks (which was ALSO packed -__0), and then went to his house and hung out to watch House.

Now, I'm not really one for gifts and all that on V-Day. I could really care less about all that. I love being with my boyfriend, and that's all I care about on Valentine's. That's what it is for me: him. The point of the holiday is to appreciate your partner/friends. Everyone spazes that "OMG, your boyfriend doesn't get you CHOCOLATE AND PRESENTS? What kind of boyfriend IS HE, anyway?!" I'm sitting there thinking, "A great, caring person, and I couldn't care less for all those things."

I don't need gifts and candy to feel appreciated. Sorry, I ranted.

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Valentine's Day celebration has been pushed back to this coming Sunday....my sister was in town this week and my boyfriend and I were really busy so we decided to take the whole day together on Sunday. I did, however, get him a card and his favourite kind of chocolate bar, and he gave me an awesome back massage.

I really don't understand the whole "must have gifts/flowers/teddy bears/candy/whatever" mentality. Valentine's Day is about spending time with people you love, not about how many roses you get. I'm just glad that I got to see my sister and I get to spend lots of time with my boyfriend doing things we enjoy.

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 10 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had our v-day celebration early. Last Saturday night. We went out to dinner to a fancy resturant. We got dolled up. I got my hair done, and etc. It was a wonderful time. He also got me 12 roses and a card. It was very sweet. I just got him what he asked for.. new pj pants, and some new dvds. On Tuesday, I gave him a really long romantic letter. I had candles lit, and I was in a sexy lingerie. *wink* *wink* Hehe. It was our first v-day living together. We've celebrated 5 v-days as a couple now though.

I wonder how v-day 2007 will be. By then we'll have been married for 8 months (getting married this May). Hehe

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Valentine's Day! It's such a fun, sweet holiday. Mine this year wasn't exactly fantastic, but it was still nice. I did hang out with a crush of mine, though we're not technically together. We chatted and ate chocolate. :) Also, we had parties in most of my classes, and even though I got a little sick from all the candy, I still had a good time. All in all it was a good day.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had a pretty good Val's Day. I was sitting at my desk at work, staring at Reason.com and eating some pasta, and the secretary comes up and says "You have a delivery." I looked up, and there was my boyfriend, holding a pair of teddy bears. That's no small feat considering it's more than an hour's drive from his house to my office, which he has never seen except from the freeway, so I guess he must've found one of my business cards to have gotten the address. I took him to lunch, then realized i left my wallet at the office.

Later that night, I took a friend out on a girl date. She was seeing someone, but he totally bailed on her, so now he's dumpsville. At least she had a good time.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.