Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » unhealthy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unhealthy
firefox1337
Neophyte
Member # 26261

Icon 10 posted      Profile for firefox1337     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my girlfriend have been going out for almost 2 years. We are both in high school and i was wondering if this might be unhealthy?
Posts: 20 | From: Nevada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly not inherently, but perhaps if you're unhappy or if you're feeling held back by it.

How do you feel about your relationship, your goals, and your life overall? How more years of school do you have left?

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Unless this relationship hakes you unhappy or you aren't content with your relationship, it should have no reason to be unhealthy.

I also think that posting about your relationship to be unhealthy might lead to doubts or concern. I think you need to address any concerns you have about your relationship.

I agree, too, that if you are almost out of high school you should consider your goals after highschool. Where do you see yourself? What do you want for yourself? Does your partner have similar goals? If not, can you and your partner still fulfill your goals and be in a relationship?

I think you need to think about what you want now. If everything falls into place, and you have no major concerns, then I have no reason to believe that it can be unhealthy.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by oOo Lea oOo (edited 02-14-2006).]

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefox1337
Neophyte
Member # 26261

Icon 10 posted      Profile for firefox1337     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i am pretty happy and she is too. I was just wondering because some people said it wasnt good that we are together for so long. But they are wrong thanks
Posts: 20 | From: Nevada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, glad to hear you two are happy. Who are the "some people"? Assuming they aren't just naysayers, I'd hear them out-- you don't have to agree but they may raise an important point. For example, did your parents tell you this? Because they are truly looking out for you and their reasons could be valid, such as "We feel you are basing your college decision too much on your girlfriend," etc. ?
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefox1337
Neophyte
Member # 26261

yeah those some people was my parents. I think they told me that because they got married in high school and it pretty much limited there abilities and stuff like that.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.