Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » best friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best friend
DTB3
Neophyte
Member # 27482

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DTB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so about a year ago i was kinda seeing this girl and i screwed up some and same with her and she ended up getting back with her ex bf. well he didnt like her talking to me and a few weeks after they broke up we started talkin again, just as friends. she has had 2 boyfriends since then and she is my best friend who i can talk to about anything and am most comfortable with and who is always there for me. i try to be the same way for her. well anyways, i think i have trouble distinguishing my feelings for her. sometimes she is my best friend and that is all, other times i think i am in love with her. its so confusing because i have always thought that a best friend is a best girlfriend because you are comfortable with them and can tell them anything and be completely honest with them. i dont know where i am going with this, but i am just confused, i dont know if i want to be with this girl, or if i am just lonely or what i am feeling.
Posts: 11 | From: illl-noise | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unity_the_ninth
Neophyte
Member # 27377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unity_the_ninth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A relationship probably won't work unless both people are ready for it, or want it. And just because you may or may not be in love with someone, does not mean you're ready for a relationship.

I think it's really great how much you care about your friend, but it seems to me that she isn't ready for a relationship with you, and you are a little confused about your feelings for her. Ultimately, you are the one in charge of your life, and the one responsible for you. It doesn't seem like it'll serve you well to be in love with someone who is unavaliable. It's really great to go out with your best friend, but it's also fine to "just" be best friends with them. Things will change only when you both want them to.

Posts: 9 | From: Montana, US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DTB3
Neophyte
Member # 27482

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DTB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think a lot of it deals with the fact that i have been rejected a lot and never really had a "real" relationship. i think i am just lonely and she is the one i care most about. i always tell myself that but it doesnt always work.
Posts: 11 | From: illl-noise | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.