Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Dunno if she likes me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dunno if she likes me?
tecktheman2
Neophyte
Member # 27409

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tecktheman2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is this girl at my school, Sun Valley High, and she is only in 1 of my classes. She is really pretty and one day, i happened to see her, and i looked at her and smiled. THe next day, she was in my class and when she was passing me, she looked at me first, but i was "looking away" b/cuz i was shy, and then i looked at her and she turned her head. After that, nothing really happened...does she like me? Bear in mind that we have never talked b4....

Also, it is very hard to talk to her, b/cuz she only has 1 class and is not in my grade....it would be awkward for me to just go up to her and start introducing my self and stuff....

[This message has been edited by tecktheman2 (edited 02-07-2006).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsheyEllie
Neophyte
Member # 26378

Icon 10 posted      Profile for AsheyEllie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of nice people will smile at you if they catch you looking at them. But if you like her and would want to get to know her, I don't see why it would be a problem to say hi! You smiled at you, hinting she is a friendly person. At least, that's how it sounds to me. Just go up to her and ask about something in your class and that'll probably lead to another topic of discussion.
Posts: 17 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tecktheman2
Neophyte
Member # 27409

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tecktheman2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm good point. Yea nice people would naturally smile back if you smile at them..

I think she looks at me in class, but i cant be positive because i am too shy to look at her...

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HH_demiurge
Neophyte
Member # 27196

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HH_demiurge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a difference between casual friendlyness and deeper sorts of interest that will manifest in someone's behavior, but they're not the kinds of things that can normally be divined from a single glance. You'll be able to tell a lot more from casual conversation, especially if you're someplace away from most other people. You'll get different behavior in smaller groups of people, and in my opinion it's a lot more telling.

For the time being though, don't sweat it too much. There's plenty of pretty people in the world (especially for a sufficiently enlightened definition of "pretty"), and you'll feel far more comfortable in casual speech with her if you think of her as another interesting face than a potential girlfriend. Guys, especially shy ones, tend to get the shakes when they think that way, and while the results are generally harmless and amusing for the rest of us, I'm sure they're mortified.

------------------
The flower that smiles to-day tommorow dies. All we wish to stay tempts then flies.

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.