Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My Ex is making my Friends think I am a Liar...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Ex is making my Friends think I am a Liar...
DreamsDespersing
Neophyte
Member # 25488

Icon 9 posted      Profile for DreamsDespersing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so, when i went out with Joe, he introduced me to 3 of his friends, and 2 after. Of the 5, i became really good friends with one (Paul) that he introduced me to after the break-up.

It's been about 6 months since Joe and i went out, and i only talk to him once in a long long while, and i see him even less frequently (and about half the times i see him i end up really hooking up with him, err, bad...). Anywho! He has gone and told Paul, that i call him all the time at like 3 in the morning and then get mad that he doesn't pick up.

I have done this since he broke up with me, once (and that was because i was locked in a room with someone on the other side who wished to cause me pain...). And he made Paul think i do it all the time.

Short and sweet, Paul likes me a lot, so, Paul got really really mad, because he thought i still had a thing for my ex, and that i had just lied to him when i told him i don't talk to him nor do i like him anymore, because Joe had told him that i still was crazy about him and call him all the time.

Anywho, Joe is making up lies to my best guy-friends about me that are making them very mad at me and making them think i lied to them, what do i do?

Paul doesn't believe me when i tell him that i didn't lie to him (This i can understand because the way that he accused me confused me and so i mixed up my words trying to tell him that i didn't lie, so, now he thinks i had a false story)

Eek, i am lost, what do i do?

Posts: 36 | From: New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming Joe is the exboyfriend who abuses drugs and tries to manipulate you, then it should be clear to these people that Joe is not a nice guy who should be believed. If they believe the crap he's making up about you, then chances are that they too have a few screws loose. They are not truly your friends. Are these the same people couldn't get off their a**es to take you to your ex to pick up some stuff?

In another thread you talked about a friend whom you felt was lying to you: "i tend to make and loose friends fast, i don't know why, either they move away, or we just stop talking." http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/006867.html

I would reexamine how you are making these friends and why you are so committed to these detrimental people. Surely there are other people who you can befriend who are also interesting and fun but less hazardous to your emotional well-being.

------------------
Urgency always exists/In these rooms/In one's own four walls *Tocotronic*

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.