Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » boyfriend and a ex wht do i do?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boyfriend and a ex wht do i do?!?
xoomiasprincezzoox
Neophyte
Member # 27334

Icon 2 posted      Profile for xoomiasprincezzoox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok ok.... i have a question. ive been with my boyfriend a very long time(4 yrs almost), but when we were talking i went out with a guy and whatever it didnt work out we had gone to the same school and everyone was always talking smack! and after we broke up we were friends but he started to ignore me and only talk to me on the phone or online, but i do still have feeling for him. im now with my recent boyfriend though and were not doing bad i just feel the i havnt finshed things with my ex boyfriend. should i break up with my recent boyfriend to finish things with my ex or just leave it how it is and just not talk to my exboyfriend anymore?
Posts: 7 | From: miami beach, fl | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L0v3Drunk
Neophyte
Member # 26985

Icon 10 posted      Profile for L0v3Drunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay i was just in a situation like this over the summer, and it worked out for me only b/c i wasn't suppose to be with either of them.. but i broke up w/ my current, only cuz we weren't together for very long.. like, 3 days lol. so i tried it back w/ my ex (big mistake) and it didn't work. so my old current bf gave me another chance and we went back out but it wasn't right so we just broke up. yah. so pretty much everybody got hurt but me.

save everyone the drama and just figure out what you can w/o changing things so you don't have to impact anybody with that. hold off and try to figure things out yourself as much as you can..

good luck.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, four years is a long time to just up and toss like this.

And to resolve things with someone, you don't need to re-establish a romantic relationship with them. In fact, that's a really crummy idea, especially since a breakup after four years isn't going to leave you in ANY place to be with someone new right away.

But you can simply TALK to that ex: have lunch or coffee. bring up whatever you feel is unresolved. This is generally how one seeks resolution maturely and soundly.

bear in mind, too, that realy does anything with anyone feel 100% "finished." People are just more complex than that, as are relationships.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.