Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Love- to you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love- to you
pattylover187
Neophyte
Member # 27287

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pattylover187     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how do u describe love?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christina9
Activist
Member # 27221

Icon 10 posted      Profile for christina9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love is when you care,when you always want to be by his side,when you feel safe,when you need him,when you close your eyes and see your futur with him.
Posts: 111 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love is when you can be yourself around the person, think straight and still make the right decisions, all the while feeling happier than a clam in the mud at the bottom of the ocean

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go with Gumdrop Girl's discription, but I think 'love' is different for everybody. Love for me is feeling that I can let go and be me around a person. When I know that I can talk to him about anything without real worry that he'll laugh in my face - no matter what. When I know that I can trust him.

For me, love is just someting that you KNOW. There's no specific characteristic of love, because everyone experiences it differently. It just is.

[This message has been edited by Mathilde (edited 01-31-2006).]

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me, love is wanting to be with someone because they make you feel happy. And even when they don't make you feel so great, you know that's okay, because the good times outwiegh the bad. It's more than just that, I know, but as far as I'm concerned that covers the fundamentals.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love is a wonderful thing. It's truly one of life's best experiences. Love gives you the opportunity to learn and grow. Love is a great teacher. Love is an intense emotion. I abide by this famous quote, "It's better to have loved and lost, than never have loved at all". I have learned one of love's greatest lessons, "you don't look for love, and it comes you naturally". Love runs on its own course. We don't choose love, it chooses us. I have been in relationships with
Guys and each one has its own meaning. We learn what we want to see in someone, and that person unconsciously teaches us a lesson. No one is perfect so you love your significant other or crush for who they are. Even though i have been in love numerous times, I didn't find true love until May of 2001 at 17 in Isaiah. It can surprise us that true friendships can turn to love. This special someone of mine makes me feel i am in heaven or on cloud nine. He is truly the one I want to be with the rest of my life. We all find true love at different times, it chooses you. When my cupid struck me with love, i wasn't even looking for it at the time, he found me
So appreciate love in all aspects of life. It has its mysteries, challenges but the best of yet; it's the most powerful and even the most private emotion to experience in a lifetime. Love conquers all things. I know this, because it has tested its waters on my soulmate, Isaiah in the toughest situations imaginable and me!
I conclude this with this quote that sums up love, "Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand." ~Mother Teresa

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber_rose
Neophyte
Member # 27180

Icon 10 posted      Profile for amber_rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I think love is.

When you can act yourself around them,when they make you feel good about yourself, when you always want the moment to last when your with them, when they are all you can think about, when you dream about them at night, when you hear a love song come on they are always the one you think about, when you always want to be by them, when you can talk to them about anything, when you feel happy with them, when you see them your heart skips a beat, when they help you make good decisions and not bad ones, when you know you'll always love them, even when they dont always love you back. That's how I feel about love. The list keeps on going.

[This message has been edited by amber_rose (edited 02-01-2006).]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me, love is a very unique, strong, and passionate feeling. It can also be friendly. It depends on the person feeling it, and the person or thing he/she is guiding it to. When I say I love my boyfriend, what I mean is that I only want to be with him, I feel passion when we are together, I can't stand to be away from him, that he amazes me with everything he does or says, but also that we have so much history that I know it couldnt have been as good as it was or will never be as good as it can be with him

When I tell my dad, my brother, or any member of my family that I love them, that love is a different love, yet very similar. I respect them for the support and the guidance they've given me. Along with my friends. I tell my best friend I love her every time I see her. Its about appreciation. I appreciate everything she has done for me.

And my pets. They give me something none of the above can. They are unique in their own ways. I love them as well.

Someone or something special has made an impact on your life, and has made it's way into your heart. That feeling for him/her/it is love.

Love is also hurting for someone or something. When I experienced the death of my mom, my fiance, and my grandmother . . The pain I felt was love. I couldn't bare to be without them because I loved them all so much.

Wow! It is harder to explain it than to feel it. But it truly is amazing. Thats my bit. Thanks for listening

[This message has been edited by oOo Lea oOo (edited 02-01-2006).]

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.