Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is this a good way to get 2 know my crush better?(guys opinions 2 please!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this a good way to get 2 know my crush better?(guys opinions 2 please!)
amber_rose
Neophyte
Member # 27180

Icon 10 posted      Profile for amber_rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like this one guy, Ben. He is one of the NICEST boys i have ever met. He is so cute too. Well, I want to learn the drums really bad. And it just happens that he is one of the best drummers I know. Hes really really good. Like bands from Nor Cal (where I live) want him to be in there band. We're both 14 by the way. Should I ask him for drum lessons so I learn the drums, and get to know him better? We just became friends like a couple of weeks ago, when we had to scrub like 50 toilets at our church. It was fun, since he was there. So I dont think he would mind teaching me the drums. He does teach lessons too.

I think he likes me. But I'm not 100% sure. He did get a little jealous when this guy, devon asked me out. Well, I dont know about jealous. But when Devon asked me out, I said no. Then Ben hung around me a lot, and we both stared at eachother. So what do you think?

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you said you already had a boyfriend ...?? How does your boyfriend feel about you seeing other guys?
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber_rose
Neophyte
Member # 27180

Icon 10 posted      Profile for amber_rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. I made that up, because I was really bored and wanted to see if it was possible. I won't do it again though. Sorry. This is real though. So any advice about drum lessons with him would be great. You can delete that topic if you want too.

[This message has been edited by amber_rose (edited 01-30-2006).]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First: You really shouldn't post lies, because it is a waste of time for those who try to help you.

Second: If there is no boyfriend and you truly want to learn drums, I think you should ask him. If you are friends, he should have no problem with that.

BUT, and this is my opinion, if you are not at all interested in drums, only interested in getting to know this guy more, you shouldn't lie to him and pretend like you are interested in drums. He may like you for a reason that is untrue, and that is unfair to him. You should get to know him better by finding things you actually do have in common.

Good luck, and I hope this helped!!

[This message has been edited by oOo Lea oOo (edited 01-30-2006).]

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber_rose
Neophyte
Member # 27180

I wanted to play drums for about 2 yrs. before I met him. So I really would LOVE to play the drums. I watch all the music videos with drums and stuff. So I'm not making it up.
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(This is your first and last warning; Making stuff up for your own amusement is against the guidelines. Next time this happens, and there is so much as a slight suspicion that you are being dishonest, your account will be suspended and you will have to explain yourself to Miz Scarlet.)
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the "liar liar pants on fire" thing isn't cool at ST, but this is really about drumming. and boys.

When I was 14, I taught myself to play the guitar because I was really crushing on this guy who played the guitar. We never went out, but we did get to know each other and he was nice enough to take me to a school dance. He was just a nice guy who probably would have been nice to me if I had never learned to play the guitar. But hey, I can play some guitar. I think it's always a good thing if you learn music.

Drum lessons? That's tougher. If you wanna learn, join the beginning band class at school. It's free and you learn the basics. It's not trap set, but you shouldn't start on a trap set anyway.

I got lured into the marching band when I was in high school. I play the piano and I can sight read music, which made me a valuable asset to the percussion section. I played xylophones, but they needed me to be on drums every now and then, so I had to teach myself to play some drums. It's easy. My sticks cost me $10, and my pratice pad was $40. Learning to drum can be inexpensive, which is why it's a good choice (learning violin, on the other hand, costs a lot of $$$).

So yeah, learning to drum can give you a lt to talk about with this guy. But it may be unnescessary. However, I fully encourage anyone who has any interest in learning music to go for it.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it sounds like a good idea. It'd probably at least bring you closer together, if not actually get you /together/. However, if you're not truely interested in drumming and just want to get with him, I wouldn't do it.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.