Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » can i write a note?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i write a note?
ayeayeaye
Activist
Member # 16787

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ayeayeaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i need to have a serious discussion with my boyfriend about our relationship, its basically going to be like...this needs to happen or else i really can't be in the relationshiop anymore. the problem is, i cry...a lot.i dont' really want to talk to him face to face about it because its kind of indepth and i dont' want to leave anything out that i want to say and i know i will start crying on word 1 and i don't want that to affect his reply. i don't want to talk to him online either just cause it seems kind of immature...so what do you guys think about writing a note. that way i an get my thoughts togther and organized so it actually makes sense, or would that not be a good way to go about it. i figure i can hand it to him and tell him that ineed him to read it, its serious and i need to hear back from him....waht do you guys think?
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either write him a note, or make notes for yourself to ensure you say everything you need to say.

Ultimatums are best issued in person. A note won't do it all for you, but it can be a helpful tool.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 10 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would say write him a long letter/note thing explaining wte it is you want to explain then hand it to him in person and let him read it and then talk about it from there once he understand what it is u mean to say
Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same issue as you. It is hard for me to give someone news that may hurt them. But. . If things aren't working out in a relationship . . Something obviously has to be done.

I agree that anything serious, like a problem in a relationship, should be announced in person. It isn't always easy to do. Try writing your feelings down. Anything you love about your relationship, things you need to work on, then sit down and have a talk with him. Show him your notes even, if it helps. Sit with him and talk about everything you have written. The hardest part is getting started. Once you have looked your partner face to face and addressed that you guys have an issue to work out . . The hardest part is over. It gets easier from that point. Take it from me, I have recently addressed something very secretive about myself. I hope what I have said has helped you! GOOD LUCK!!

[This message has been edited by oOo Lea oOo (edited 01-30-2006).]

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayeayeaye
Activist
Member # 16787

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ayeayeaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks everyone, i appreciate the replies
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.