Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » boyfriend troubles... i think

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boyfriend troubles... i think
completelyinlove
Neophyte
Member # 26892

Icon 5 posted      Profile for completelyinlove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Me and my boyfriend Colton have been doing GREAT!!! I have never really had a steady boyfriend because I wasn't pretty enough. Well now I am pretty enough and I got myself a 4 month boyfriend who I love sooo much. And he loves me. He tells me he does. So why does he sometimes not act like it??? See, most guys are embarassed of their girlfriends... not Colton. He will act all lovey dovey in front of his friends, he doesn't care about that. BUT listen to this and tell me if it's right. One day he said, "I have alot of pretty girls in my gym class." Not knowing what to say I said "I have alot of hot guys in mine" then he asked if we could flirt and I quickly said "Yea, because I do". But now I don't anymore, but I know he still does. How do I tell him without him getting mad? Back to the other stuff. See sometimes he acts like he loves me so much, and other times he just acts like he likes me a lot. HaHa. I don't know how to put it. We're both 15 I'm one month exactly older than him. So I don't know if he's trying to hint to me that he wants to split or what. I know I can get along great w/out him b/c I was single for 3 years before him, but it would take FOREVER. I'm seriously thinking I Love him. I mean not that he's "The One" but I do love him alot. What should I do??

Jerrica- in need of advice quickly!

Posts: 9 | From: Jackson, Missouri, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Welcome to scarleteen!

A few things--One, in the future, paragraphs are your friend. Embrace the paragraph.

Also, we try to stay away from generalizations. For instance, it is untrue that "most guys are embarassed of their girlfriends..." because everyone really is different. There's no true universal for any group, gender, race, or anything of that nature. Now.

If you want to tell him you're no longer comfortable with him flirting, than do so. Effective communication is paramount in any healthy relationship, be it friend or lover. So, talk to him. I'm curious, though--what's your definition of his actions in "love" versus "like a lot"?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.