Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » He tells people I've done things which I haven't

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: He tells people I've done things which I haven't
PinkPenguin06
Neophyte
Member # 26887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkPenguin06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I've found out that an ex-boyfriend from like 8 months ago has told people that I had sex with him when I never did. It bothers me, but I can't exactly bring it up with him because I haven't talked to him in 8 months. I also know I deserve it because I blatently used him. I was wondering if there was ANYTHING I could do or if I should just let it go? I was also wondering if I should be bothered by it, or if it is really my fault that he's spreading rumors about me?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kandie
Activist
Member # 7542

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kandie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know that little saying what goes around comes around?.. this may be the case. If you used him something is bound to happen, regarless getting even isn't right either. I would try to brush it off and not worry about it, and think he probley wishes he slept with your or he wouldn't say it. Don't dwell on it... it won't matter later. Next time think about the consequences of your actions though.
Posts: 79 | From: CaNaDa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, you can always go around telling everyone you kow what a dirty liar your ex is. you have the right to defend yourself, but you gotta make sure people can believe you. so ask yourself why people would believe him. is he popular? is he a good liar? then try to head him off at the pass and appeal to people to believe your side of the story.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faded-Seaside-Glamour
Neophyte
Member # 27183

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Faded-Seaside-Glamour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If nobody believes you when you deny it, just tell them that he was obviously so bad in bed that you can't even remember it. That'll learn him...
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
watermongoose15
Activist
Member # 23441

Icon 10 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
like the 1st person said "wat goes around comes around" but im not sure how you used this boy but the fact that you used him does in no way qualify him or give him reason to make lies about you. you should talk to him about this or just simply negate that lie and tell people it is not true

men are so silly sometimes

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.