Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Can't get over him, I need help now

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't get over him, I need help now
Erin xx
Neophyte
Member # 26734

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Erin xx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, well... My first real boyfriend broke up with me 4 nights ago. (Tuesday night) Since then, I've been crying, feel depressed, not being able to eat or sleep, and all that jazz. He was my whole life, and I don't know what to do. It was after I told him that I didn't feel loved, and then he said "I can't do this, it's too stressful, I'm sorry."
But then he went on to say that we're still best friends and that he still wanted to hang out and talk, and that he still loved me and there was a really good chance of us going out again.
He said his reasoning for ending it was that he needed time to think, that he needed to "find himself", and that he was just under a lot of stress and wanted to be single for a while.
But then he asked me, "What if I dated somebody else, hypothetically?" I asked him the same question in return, and he replied with, "I would be sad, but I'd also be happy because you wouldn't be alone."
Everyone between us is normal and fine, but I can't get over the fact that I'll never be able to kiss him or hold him again the way I used to.
Also, is this whole "I still love you, I just need time to think" thing just bullshit? Because it sounds like a lame excuse and I don't want to get my hopes up, but he's insisted many times that it's not, and he isn't the type of guy to lead a girl on. Usually he just tells it like it is.
I'm so confused, it feels like my world is falling apart.

------------------
<3 Erin

pimping your myspace is not cool ~gg

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 01-22-2006).]

Posts: 7 | From: Mount Airy, MD, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To base your happiness on another person is never a good idea. Do you have friends you can call and hang with? Do you have a project or job to throw yourself at? Keeping yourself busy can help keep your mind off of what is going on in your love life.

You're right, to not keep your hopes up. Take this oppurtunity to do something for yourself. Don't allow yourself to fell sorry, but go out and greet the world. You'll be glad you did.

(Also, please remove your mySpace link from your signature. We don't allow personal contact information here, and that falls into that catergory. Thanks. )

[This message has been edited by DarkChild717 (edited 01-22-2006).]

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.