Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Distance...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Distance...
Kristin_0608
Activist
Member # 26863

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kristin_0608     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like this guy and he likes me and it seems like he wants to be in a relationship with me or I get that impression but hes not being clear on this subject. He said the night before that he wanted to be with me and the next day he just seemed like he didn't want to be. I broke up with my boyfriend for him. Now I'm not sure if it's because he is leaving here in a week and wont be back for a few months and doesn't want to be in a relationship before he leaves and just wait til he gets back. Is it possible to like someone a lot only having known him for a few days? I really really like him and I've only hungout with him 3 or 4 times before. I don't feel like being used, but he said he really likes me a lot, but the next day it was just like yeah okay... I can't figure this out at all. He's calling me today and I'm going to ask him if he's just playing with me or what cause I don't want to played for a fool, but before I ask him what I want to ask him, I was wondering what you guys have to say torwards this subject. any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Kristin_0608 (edited 01-17-2006).]

Posts: 49 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetpop9
Neophyte
Member # 27060

Icon 12 posted      Profile for sweetpop9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,i am in a similar situation and the best way to make things clear is to ask him, tell him that you dont want to be played so if he's not serious about this as you are, he has to stop giving you hope, try to take your time, maybe you dont know him aswell as you think you do since you just saw him 3 or 4 times.
good luck

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 10 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it was good of you to end things with your boyfriend before pursuing someone else. I always find it more respectful to go about things that way.

About your new situation...the guy in question sounds like he isn't sure of what he wants here. It might not be "playing you" as much as it is uncertainty.

If he is moving, then perhaps that is affecting his views on a relationship. Long-distance only works if both partners put in the effort to keep it going. And from what you're saying, you aren't yet in a relationship with him at all, only thinking of starting one.

Is it possible for you two to consider dating first before you get into an exclusive relationship? You've hung out with him a few times, yes, but that often isn't enough to use as a guide for how an entire relationship will go. It's always nice, also, to know that there isn't too much pressure, which dating can do for you two.

Another option? Just be friends until he gets back. Having a friendship as a foundation for a relationship is wonderful, and you can really get to know him better before making any relationship decisions.

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.