Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » bad situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bad situation
kill-me
Neophyte
Member # 26690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kill-me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im in a really bad situation.

ok my girlfriend recently told me about how bad things are at home. i always knew she had been through alot and things were all that great, but she just recently told me how bad things go.

ok, her dad and mom are divorsed and before they were her dad used to beat her entire family and is a sex offender. she now lives with her sister, mom and brother. her sister makes fun of her and degrades her and her mom and brother abuse her!! i dont know what to do. when she first told me about her brother the first thing i thought was im gonna kill him, but then i realzed that if i beat him up it could just make things worse on her. i tried to convince her to see someone or do something that could get her out of the situaation, but she refuses. now i already thought about telling someone like a svhool counseler about it and he could help her, but she is extreamily stuborn and would deny it all and that would also worsen matters. and even if it did work, and they did take her out of the house, they would put her with her father who would prob. end up raping her! no one ever found out that he is a child molester, and he would be seen as a "suitable" parent, when he is actualy nothing more than scum. i dont know what to do, but i cant just leave her in that situation. its slowly breaking her down.

im about at the point where im just gonna save up money, and then run away with her (thats not gonna happen, i would do it but there is no way she would) please help me help her

thank you so much

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortuneatly, there's little you can do to help her if she's unwilling to help herself. Telling your schools' guidance counselor is a very good idea, but if she takes it all back, they really can't help her either.

So the best thing you can do for her now is to encourage her to speak to someone. Tell her that you'll go with her to the guidance counselor if she wants you to, and that you'll do whatever you can to help her. Encourage her to go into some sort of counseling, and maybe she'll gain strength to speak up and do what needs to be done to get herself out of this situation.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.