Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help!
tootsie_kel
Neophyte
Member # 26595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie_kel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so i have this friend. well not just any friend but my best friend. Shes going thru a rough time with her boyfriend (ex now) because he was always flirting with other girls, now when i mean flirting i don't mean the casual hugging or anything i mean like writing in some girls yearbook saying stuff you definatly would not say if you werent single, and said stuff to another girl on my best friends computer.. Mostly more then half of the school has told her that she did the right thing and that he is flith, but last night at a sleep over we had i think she changed her mind because he called her at 3 oclock in the morning and guilt tripped her and said some stuff that see feel for and now shes reconcidering her choice or dumping him, i really wish there was someway i can open her eyes, cause i hate too see her feel like **** the way that she did when she read all the things, is there any advice i can give her
?

Posts: 1 | From: Orillia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a leopard doesn't change its spots overnight.

So, perhaps ask her to consider not rushing in. rather than walking right back into a capital-R relationship with this guy, for instance, maybe she can consider dating him more casually first, or even just being friends, to feel out if he really is able to treat her with respect, to honor whatever agreements she'd want to make about exclusivity.

You might also suggest to her that guilting someone into being with you is already a pretty clear indicator of a lack of respect. Someone doing that isn't considering the other person's needs: only their own wants.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.