Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » infatuated with a girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: infatuated with a girl
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello...Ok, I'm bisexual, but I realised it after I started dating my first and only boyfriend. I love him very much, we've even talked of living together in the future...I've never met someone so respectful, such a great listener, such a good friend. I never thought you could have a crush on someone when you felt that way for someone else.
Thing is, I recently realized I have my first crush on a girl. I would be an idiot to leave my boyfriend for her, since she's even told me "if you were a guy, I'd date you". Besides, she's a bit of a slut... its basically infatuation. But it got me thinking: I can easily see myself with my boyfriend for the rest of my life...but its hard for me to imagine living the rest of my life without ever kissing a girl. I don't want to hurt my boyfriend, but if the opportunity to be physically involved with a girl, at least once, were to arrise, I'd love to take it. How do I go about this? God, this may sound silly, but I don't know what to do.
P.S: I'd like to add that what I mean with the "opportunity to be physically involved with a girl" doesn't mean just any girl, it means with a girl that I share an attraction for, not just some random girl at a party. That opportunity may not come around any time in the near future

[This message has been edited by Nailo (edited 12-12-2005).]

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 26522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bombay-bad-boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jsut see how it goes 4now darlin

i'm bad

Posts: 7 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before you do anything with anyone else, make sure you're level with your boyfriend. Different sexes or not, bringing in a new partner to a formerly exclusive relationship is often called cheating, and can lead to many burned bridges and problems in the future.

There aren't many differences between a heterosexual relationship and a homosexual one--there's still love, attraction, and all the other things that go with that. So carefully consider all of that.

If you want to experiement with girls, by all means do so, but make sure you care for the heart and wellbeing of your boyfriend. Either make sure he's okay with an open relationship, or break it off with him.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.