Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Please Read - Trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Read - Trouble
meowmix435
Neophyte
Member # 26520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meowmix435     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

My name is Nicole. I'm a junior in highschool and currently single. I have been best friends with this guy, Peter, for about a year. I know that he likes me, and has liked me for many years. For a long time I didn't know whether the feelings were mutual but finally decided that they weren't. Over the summer I dated his brother behind his back and still like him. However, Peter and I are closer than ever. We can talk about absolutly everything and he's one of the only people I can rely on. We've done some sexual things together but not much. A lot of my friends keep saying that I must like him and that we should date. Sometimes I wonder if I really do like him. Any thoughts?

--meowmix

------------------
Never worry about things you can't control

Posts: 1 | From: Metuchen, NJ, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you talked to Peter about pursuing an exclusive relationship? Is that what you want?

The nice part about being young and in high school is that you can try new things, make mistakes, learn from them, and go on. What's stopping you from having an relationship with Peter?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Observer
Neophyte
Member # 1102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Observer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note on that experiment thingie:

yes of course you can experiment and try this out but bare in mind the cost. let's say you guys start dating and become a couple, at first you'll feel great and all but there is always the risk that it might not go well and one of you breaks it off.. what happens to the friendship then? that's the first thing you have to consider, choosing a friendship or a relationship.

secondly, you mentioned something about dating his bro behind his back (some bro he is! anyway), do you think that Pete will feel OK with that when he finds out? (because he will, be sure about this). I think you are stepping on dangerous ground as it is and that you should first open up to him and talk about what you've done and why you've done it, and then pursue any kind of intimate relationship with him.

(for all you know he might be ok with it! or maybe not.. or maybe he'll just say he's ok just to have a chance to be with you.. and then feel bad about it.. don't you just love highschool relationships? )

Posts: 26 | From: Love | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.