Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What's happened??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's happened??
musical_gal
Activist
Member # 23394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for musical_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so i started talking to this guy a while ago and started spending more time with him and his friends. For months ive pretty much been crazy about him, and was so glad when i found out he liked me. Now we're going out and it was fine, and then suddenly its all changed... i suddenly just dont feel much of a connection, it feels less easy to talk to him, even though i want to see him i just all of a sudden dont feel like i did! I get the feeling i might be expecting too much so early on, i cant tell. He's a lovely guy, but i cant work out whats changed...im just wondering if this is something that happens, and have an outsider's point of view because i dont know whats going on.
Posts: 146 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried talking to him about this, telling him pretty much exactly what you've just told us?

Feelings can change, even when we still care for people. However, you are only going to be able to work out exactly what has changed, if you talk it out with honesty.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Observer
Neophyte
Member # 1102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Observer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey musical_gal,
has this happened to you before? there might be a chance that it's not related to him in particular but in the way your instinct works. what I mean is, you might have lost interest in him because you found out that he is interested in you and you got what you wanted, so now you don't feel as "hyper" about this as you used to (because you got your wish). if this is the case, then note that it's a typical human reaction (nothing "bitchy" about it :P) and in order to deal with it you should remind yourself all the things you like about him and why you wanted to be with him in the first place, and just enjoy every moment you guys spend together because who knows how long it will last (one can never be sure!).

so to sum up, if everything is ok, don't get bored and start looking for new problematic/ambiguous situations to get yourself into; just enjoy your great relationship

Posts: 26 | From: Love | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus9
Activist
Member # 22679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there are a few possibilities. Like Observer said, maybe you do find the "chase" thrilling. Maybe you found things about him that boggle you and you cannot relate to.

Maybe you're just bored of the way the relationship is working. Do you find yourself wanting to go someplace nice? Have some fun plan?

Any way you look at it, you may want to talk it over with him if you still want to be with him.

Posts: 86 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.